Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Moab questions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Citizen Rider, Aug 26, 2006.

1. Citizen Rider

Citizen Rider 1/2 ton status

Those of you that run moab and are used to this place...

I currently dont have a spare tire... I know it would be best to have one, are flats comon at moab?

My spare parts collection is little to none since the 1 ton swap. Anything inperticular needed?

Any warnings, advise, anything that i need to know in advance to going to BB06?

2. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Good-to-know info. I have been there once and thats the biggest thing, people gotta one up someone and then the "sh!tteth hitteth the fann-eth"

3. Citizen Rider

Good stuff to know. This is my first time and biggest wheeling trip. Mostly we do short day trips were we are gone for a day and back in our cozzy beds by night. I do plan to take things easy, althought i know a group of people also means peer pressure. This trip is for fun, not serious bash the living hell out of my blazer.

4. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

I didn't experience any peer pressure at Blazer Bash. I broke my truck all on my own.:haha:

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Here's a little bit of wisdom from someone who doesn't have the best built rig or any of that mumbo jumbo........................

Only wheel what you feel comfortable with. I've wheeled with some of these old boys in the past and never once did they try push anyone into attempting something that I didn't feel comfortable with. A lot of us realize that the motto "you break it, you buy it" hits home in this sport. Just keep your wheeling antics sane and sensible. You might feel bad cause some of the guys will bring rigs that can go straight up, tilt over on the side, some may roll and you will be watching instead of driving. Don't let it get to you. Don't let your antics overextended the ability of your pocket book.

In the end, it's all about the camaraderie, meeting some of the finest folks on this planet and having fun.

6. Chaddy

Chaddy 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Well put:waytogo: Moab for me has always been a good people no pressure experience. The coolest thing is, is that there are sooo many different rigs of all levels and no matter what you will get good advise from fellow wheelers because nobody wants to see anybody have a bad time.

7. miniwally

miniwally 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Just don't listen to anything that I say and you should come out all right. :D

Remember everything in Moab is meant to be fun. Breaking things might be fun, fixing them always sucks.

I am the first one to start given sh!t but I always try to take the driver and vehicle into account prior to what I say. My crap is always joking and in no way to be taken seriously.

8. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Now you tell us:D

9. miniwally

miniwally 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Says the guy that is bringing his bicycle and riding B!tch with someone.:p:

10. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Don't make me bring my big flashlight:D

11. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Take all of this advise and then add to it you have to drive the thing home as well.

12. Citizen Rider

:haha: Id shoot myself driving the blazer 1083 miles. If i had a tow rig that would be a different situation. Right now im not sure if my blazer is even going to be ready for BB06 cause of money restraints.