Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Moab Sutff

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by therobzilla, Sep 2, 2003.

1. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

OK,

Is anyone from AZ going to camp?? Or is everyone going to do the hotel thing. I'm leaning towards the hotel thing, and was wondering is anyone else is sitting on the fence post??

Here is the plan for us valley guys.

LaBarge (Brian)
    Eric
    Shaner
    Rob (therobzilla)
    Marv (Marv_Springer)
    Brian from AZ Drivelines may also be going with Joey and I.

we are planning on leaving the valley on Oct 1st in the late afternoon and heading to Flagstaff to meet up with Fred (FWP), spend the night in Flagstaff and leave for Moab in AM. Arrive in Moab on the Oct 2nd in afternoon, and settle in. We are going to run Upper Helldorado on Friday first thing. Leaving on the 7th in the AM and heading back to PHX.

Up to this point this is the plan. Brian, Shaner, and Eric, all from Desert Rat are all going up with Brian in his Blazer, Marv and I are towing up. I will have my son Joey and Marv is also going to have Jill with him.

Is anyone else from AZ planning on going up with us??? If so please chime in....

Russ what are you plans? Are you planning on heading up with us or are you going up on your own??

Just some other items if you are caravaning up with us.

Please have a CB radio and make sure the antenna has been tuned for the radio, it's much easier to drive as a group this way.

Trailer spares are a must.

Everyone chime in here and add your plans, so we can see where everyone is heading this year.......

Looking forward to seeing everyone up there..

Rob

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I am pretty sure I won't be going this year. My trans rebuild cleaned me out of spare cash so I can't afford it. I am still fighting to get my truck road and trail worthy again. I just got the bearing I needed for the reassembly of my 208 today from Vegas though so I am 1 step closer to a working offroadable truck.

Harley

3. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

I'm going, but I don't know my exact plans yet. I may well leave on the 2nd early and drive the whole way through. If it's like last year, I'll be working till 3 a.m on the 2nd. <sigh> I also have no CB in the 2500.

4. therobzilla

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm going, but I don't know my exact plans yet. I may well leave on the 2nd early and drive the whole way through. If it's like last year, I'll be working till 3 a.m on the 2nd. <sigh> I also have no CB in the 2500.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell you need to caravan up with us, it's only the diffrence between a late evening leavin and an early am leave.

Don't sweat the CB, I got a few laying around you can use, including antenna for the tow rig.

Rob

5. BadDog

You know, I would really like to join you guys on the road. I'll try to make it happen. Thanks for the offer of a CB.

6. therobzilla

[ QUOTE ]
    You know, I would really like to join you guys on the road. I'll try to make it happen. Thanks for the offer of a CB.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that't the sprit, the only think you have to keep in mind, is me and Marv are not going to have the BIG DAWG tow rigs, so we are going to be in the back of the pack. Much slower than your killer tow rig. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rob

7. BadDog

Well, we could hook a strap from one to the next like a train. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif LOL!

Last time I threatened to put Keith's TJ on the trailer so I wouldn't have to keep slowing down to wait on the grades... I love that DMax/Alli... 6% grades and running 75 in over drive at 2k rpms...

8. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Is kieth comin with you guys???

Marv and rob headin to new mexico again?

9. BadDog

Not sure, IIRC, last I talked to him he didn't know for sure.

Also, last I heard, Marv and Rob were not going to go on to Farmington this time. Either that or they didn't want my company. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

10. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

So does that mean they have time to drive the 90 miles to my house and see where i have dissapeared to? Lol.

DW

11. therobzilla

That may be an option on night Doug, but Russ is right, no trip to Farmington this year.

I look forward to seening you in AZ this month.

Rob

12. therobzilla

Doug,

I spoke with Keith about a week ago, and he was not going to make it this year. Something about having to work and the money thing I think. But last I heard it was not going to happen for him.

Rob

13. FWP

FWP CRS

[ QUOTE ]
    is anyone else is sitting on the fence post??

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad I'm only sitting on the "fence" not the "fence post"...ouch /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Seriously though, It wouldn't be too bad camping for 5 nights, eat at Denny's (thanks for the idea Shane and Scott)(fork the cooking/ doing dishes thing /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif), and put the tents on the trailers to stay out of the dirt. We might be able to rent one of the "cabins" also /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

If I am able to borrow Tye's trailer, I'll be hip to either camping or Motel. If not, I'll be towing my pop-up and camping.

14. BadDog

I was thinking about those cabins too. Quite a bit cheaper than the hotel, and in some ways, more convienient, except for the shower/toilet. Still leaning toward the hotel...

Anyone got the number for the cabins?

15. therobzilla

[ QUOTE ]
    I was thinking about those cabins too. Quite a bit cheaper than the hotel, and in some ways, more convienient, except for the shower/toilet. Still leaning toward the hotel...

Anyone got the number for the cabins?

[/ QUOTE ]

I looked at the cabins online, they don't look too bad, but the bath houses at least as Slickrock were scary at best. If that's the norm with all the campsites regading the bath houses, I will stick with the hotel thing, and look for a roomate to split the expense.

You can view most of the cabins on the blazer bash site, it has a link to the moab loding areas and they are in that area.

Rob

16. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

My wife and I are driving the K5 up. We will probably leave Thursday night after work and get there sometime on Friday. Our plans aren't firm yet and we will probably stay at the motel again.
    Mark

17. FWP

FWP CRS

I decided to camp. Last year was fun with my family, but away from the camp kinda sucked. I didn't get to hang with the guys camping as much as I wanted to. Besides, after a hard day wheeling, sitting by the fire, swilling beer, and BS'ing is one of my favorite things /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif.....

18. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

i am going. im gonna camp at slickrock. got to bum a video camera for the trip so i can get some good AZ guys footage.
    i need to make reservations at the cam ground tomorrow. and i will be caravanning with you guys up there. i will come up the night before or the day of. dunno yet.

i may not be returning with you guys, because i may stay a day or two longer to just check out the trails and whatnot. it depends if Brian(or2Play) comes with me or not. is is on the fence as well. those of you with hotel rooms could rent out the showers. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif a beer a person!

i will be bringing lots of sandwiches for the trip and some food for a small group of folks.

SOMEBODY needs to bring a single lady for me.... she needs to be 5'2'' long blonde hair, no teeth DD chest, flat head...
    wait, thats a dream woman. nevermind....

im gonna put the CB in the truck up in PHX. so does anybody have tuning equipment? i have been told you can do it with a volt meter... that true?(i dont think so..?!?)
    Grant

19. therobzilla

Grant,

No problem on the CB think, I got all the stuff here, bring it by, it take about 10 minutes, with the right stuff. As far as the showers go, Slickrock has some pretty decent showers. And as far as the video camera, we are going to have I think a couple, always need a operator, I just got a new on for my birthday.

Rob

20. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

im borrowing a guys at work. that way IF I DO... meet a girl......
    nuf said.

thank man. im debating how to mount the CD as well. but i got to stop off at loves and get the antenna and cable on the way up there.
    Grant