Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Mobile Home axles

Discussion in 'Tow & Trailer' started by kennyw, Jun 9, 2004.

1. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Anyone have an idea what a mobile home axle would be rated for? I know there are probably more than one size out there but there is probably some way to get a rough estimate. I bought a set of mobile home axles that came with tires and rims a while back so that I could use the tires/rims to move a house... Now I have a set of nearly new tires and a couple axles laying around and want to put them to good use.

2. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Usually 5k.

Check the rating on the tires. It will give you a good idea as to how much the axle was/is rated for orginally. Unless of course the tires are mixmatched all aorund with different weight ratings.

John

3. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Anyone have an idea what a mobile home axle would be rated for? I know there are probably more than one size out there but there is probably some way to get a rough estimate. I bought a set of mobile home axles that came with tires and rims a while back so that I could use the tires/rims to move a house... Now I have a set of nearly new tires and a couple axles laying around and want to put them to good use.

[/ QUOTE ]

The ones I see are usually 6000lbs.
    They could have different ratings but most of what i see is 6000lbs.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

Are you wanting to use them for the trailer discussed in your other post?

5. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Are you wanting to use them for the trailer discussed in your other post?

[/ QUOTE ]

That was one thought but I doubt I could get the capacity needed with the 2 axles I have now. I will probably just build a trailer around the axles I have instead for now. Then buy bigger axles w/duals for the big trailer idea.

Right now all I have is a bumper pull 20' trailer with 2 3500# axles under it and a poor frame design (converted from an RV). So I need something with a better design and larger capacity for now and will probably build a 20' low deck w/ 10K rated trailer.