Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Mobile Mechanic in Sacramento

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by sarazk5, Mar 18, 2001.

1. sarazk5

sarazk5 1/2 ton status

I had a mobile mechanic come today and take my carb away :-) He is rebuilding it and bringing it back and reinstalling it for less than a rebuilt one would cost me. This guy came out and scared me at first, but he started talking and he really knows his "[censored]". Anyway, he does a lot of other stuff if anyone would like his number let me know. Smog equipment, carbs, etc are his specialty. He guarantees my carb to pass smog when he is done with it. Other good news is he checked the motor out and says he believes my motor will not need to be replaced... So i can save up to buy a better motor than buying a cheap stock crate motor for 1300. I will let you know how he does with the carb, and next i'll be having him look at my electrical problems.. Fun!! But better him than me.

2. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I want his name and number....might ask him to rebuild my carb. It's 15 years old and never has if you can believe it. How much is charging you for yours? Thanks!

"I love the sound rice burners make when ya run over them"

3. sarazk5

sarazk5 1/2 ton status

Sorry, I didn't see this till you mentioned it. I found him in the Sacramento Bee.. Under Carburaters. I will get you his number tonight though when i get home.

Sara