Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Model # for a '69 GM t-case with low rear output?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Stephen, Sep 20, 2001.

1. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Model # for a \'69 GM t-case with low rear output?

Anybody know what it is? We have one, thought it might be nice for a K5 since it has great rear driveshaft angles. Or for someone running an original truck. It has the adapter to go to a SM465.

Making the world better, one truck at a time.
    SW-ORD
    &lt;a target="_blank" href=http://www.offroaddesign.com&gt;www.offroaddesign.com&lt;/a&gt;<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by Stephen on 09/20/01 02:04 PM.</FONT></P>

2. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

Re: Model # for a \'69 GM t-case with low rear output?

I replied on 1st gen. bd. but short answer is - Rockwell T221, also sometimes referred to as Timken T221. Basically obsolete as far as gears go, but the bearings can be cross referenced. I think you can also switch between centered and offset rear output by swapping the parts around.

Tim

70 Blazer CST 4X4 350 SM465 NP205
    87 Burb 4X4 350
    01 GMC 2500HD 4X4 Duramax/Allison

3. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Thanks! I thought I remembered it being something "21" but that's about as far as it goes.
    I'm a little intrigued by the offset rear output thing, any info on that? I'm not terribly interested in using it since it is a 10 spline input and my truck's built, etc, but it is a pretty cool case. I also like having some chance of replacing parts if I frag something.

Any idea what would be in a F250 with a divorced case from the same era? ('69 or so) It's not a 205 I know that. I like to rescue this old stuff since nobody makes parts anymore.

Making the world better, one truck at a time.
    SW-ORD
    &lt;a target="_blank" href=http://www.offroaddesign.com&gt;www.offroaddesign.com&lt;/a&gt;<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by Stephen on 09/20/01 04:29 PM.</FONT></P>

4. michaelm

michaelm 1/2 ton status

i have a chiltons manual with rebuild info on that box. i had scanned it for someone on pirates but i must have deleted it.
    if you need it let me know or go buy chiltons part #6198 thruck repair manual 1961-1971 collectors edition

5. Donovan

Donovan 1/2 ton status

I think that Ford case is a Dana 24.

Donovan
    Nitro Fumes makes me Horrrrny