Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

models ( the plastic ones ) ... sorry.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by riz, Jun 6, 2002.

1. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> I'm working on my models pretty hard lately ..... I wish I had a whole day to work on them ! I also wish my hobby room was done !

2. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Oh I used be big time into modeling I even ran plumbing under my parents house when I was a kid so I could have air for my air brush gun boy I would really stink up my room /forums/images/icons/wink.gif glue and paint. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

... yeah - but some models do indeed have plastic - silicone, too!! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

<font color="blue"> </font color> I still love to build models. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif Plannning on building some Furds to blow up on the 4th of next month. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

5. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

I have been building models as far back as I can remember. I havent had much time to work on them in the last decade, but I still pull them out and build on them some. Ill get back into it again if I get someplace I can leave them out rather than putting them away ever time I finish working on them. I have apox. 30 models in the closet, along w/ paint, glue, air brush, compressor ETC that I am waiting for a chance to work on.

6. BAD LUCK 79'

BAD LUCK 79' 1/2 ton status

does anyone know where to get a second generation blazer model??? i've been looking for years and have yet to find one.....

7. lifted95z71

lifted95z71 1/2 ton status

speaking of models does anyone know wehre i can get a k5 blazer, an ext cab z71 and a cj6?

8. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

Iv got a K5 model Im foolin with now.Its called Mad Mudder I think .Its got a good sized lift and Ground Hawgs.I found it at an arts and crafts store.

9. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color="blue"> I've got like 3 of those things and 5 Blazer kits ..... I'm working on a Jeep with Swampers right now ! </font color>

10. Itali83

Itali83 1/2 ton status

My father and I have hundreds of models in our basement. We've been building them since I can remember, and since he can remember. We buy all the old discontinued kits mostly big rigs. I could probably buy a couple real k5's if I cashed them all in. It's such a great hobby and I need to make more time for it! I should post some pics of my favotire models and put them up for all of you guys to see. and so should you guys!
    Ben 87 Jimmy

11. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color="blue">Let's see em, Ben ! Right now I'm working on a lifted Jeep with Swampers ! </font color>

12. chris672

chris672 1/2 ton status

Where did you buy the swampers? Do they look like the real tires?

13. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color="blue"> A company called American Satco had them but I think they no longer make them ...... Exactly like the real things ! I'll see if I can put a pic up of them ! Real nice !</font color>

14. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color="blue">They are scale 14.5 x 36 Super Swampers. [​IMG] </font color>