Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Modified half top?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by shaggyk5, Apr 5, 2000.

1. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

i saw a pickup truck the other day in town ( like an 86 gmc ) and as it drove past i noticed that the guy had put T-tops in the cab section. This started the wheels rolling. I think that this would be an awesome thing to do on a blazer, but i dont know if the rollbar that is built into the half cab would interfere. Has anyone ever done this or seen it done? Just curious if i could put this on the "someday" project list.

shaggyk5

aint nuthin in the world like a heavy chevy!!

2. DangerB

DangerB 1/2 ton status

I was thinking about a TARGA top. Seems like you could cut behind the windshield and in front of that part right over the seat backs(That looks like the part that Chevy refers to as the "integrated roll bar") Can anybody back this up? It woould be really cool.

DangerBrett[​IMG]
    <font color=blue>harder, faster, longer, stronger</font color=blue>

3. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Chuckle. I *knew* there was a reason I bought my '74 full-vert, besides the sun/wind-burn and rain susceptibility. ;-)

(I really should make a bumpersticker that says "Topless And Proud" for TankGrrl ;-)

-- A

'74 K5 Blazer "Tank Grrl"
    '77 Chalet sans Blazer
    and more to come...

4. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

Yes it's possible to put T-tops on a Blazer. My uncle had a '79 Blazer(6"lift w/38" Gumbos) with after market T-tops. The suckers leaked all the time. They were really cool to have when all the tops were off. It sounds like a cool idea, but look at the down falls of it. Sorry, I'm not trying to burst your happy bubble, but this is just from experience. People would ask my uncle what kind of Blazer it was and his response was, "It's a California Special." Look around and see what you can find out........the leaking might have been due to bad installation. Good luck!

"What me get stuck? NEVER!!"(Famous last words)