Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

modified my DRAC/ calibrated spedo

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 89BlazerK5, Feb 3, 2004.

1. 89BlazerK5

89BlazerK5 1/2 ton status

i have 4.56 and 33's.... spedo was about 24% off....

instead of soldering across the jumpers...... i installed an 8 pin DIP switch from radio shack..... i now have switches, so, i can change the correctivness of the spedo as i change tire size and gear ratio.

BEFORE:
    [​IMG]

AFTER:
    [​IMG]

spedo is dead-on perfect now!..... and, i can change the correctivness with a flip of a few switches...... all for a $2 radio shack part. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

2. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

I will probably use that idea, THANKS /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

3. 89BlazerK5

89BlazerK5 1/2 ton status

more info here: http://614streets.com/drac.html
    WARNING: the chart for pin designation on that page is WRONG. it is simple binary, if you know binary, you can figure it out..... otherwise...... use this page that will calculate your input ratio for you:
    http://www.philter.com/cgi-bin/drac.pl

radio shack part # for the 8 pin DIP switch: 275-1301 /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif