Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Moisture in interior by passenger side

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 88K5Jimmy, Jun 10, 2001.

1. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Looked down at the passenger side floorboard and noticed some liquid in the floor mat. Felt the carpet and it was wet, pulled it up and noticed the floorboard and the insulation was wet also. I've already had these symptoms, thought it was the heater core but took that all apart and to my surprise the heater core was brand new. So I am kinda stumped. I don't think my windshield is leaking, but that could be a possibiliy. I have been running the a/c recently since it has been getting hotter out. Is there any possible way the a/c could be making condensation inside the vehicle?? I've seen that before, my old truck formed condenstion on some of the duct work down by the passenger side where I see the moisture now, but that much to wet the floorboard and the carpet?? Does anybody have any clue as to what this might be?? Ohh I also wiped the moisture up with a paper towel and no green residue was left and it doens't smell sweet or feel sticky? HELP!!!!!!

2. Redfrog

Redfrog 1/2 ton status

If I remember right there should be a drain tube for the a/c
    around the firewall to drain out condensation if there is
    check and see if it is plugged up. of course I could be wrong

HEY Fords!!! how many flushes does it
    take to get rid of you

3. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

It sure sounds like condensate from the A/C. Most likely you need to replace the drain tube - They'll stretch over time and leak a little. It also wouldn't hurt to go around the seams on the evaporator housing with a little silicone.

I'm so poor I can't even pay attention [​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://pugsley.coloradok5.com>http://pugsley.coloradok5.com</A>

4. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

I'v owned 2 88 Blazers and both had leaks around the window gasket that wet the carpet by the kick-panels . What I did was take it to a shop that does windows for cars and had them take it out, clean upp and paint the rust, reinnstall with fresh "window glue"

I was only charged for a couple of hours work and it has stayed dry since.

Now my drivers door is leaking inn water from the roof when it rains, this water end's upp in my seat though. I have a piece of thick wire wedged under the gasket and it has gotten bether.

<font color=red>If it's huge and dirty, do it on all four's</font color=red>

5. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> Just a thought, but could it be a gap on the top edge of the tranny hump ? I have water in the same area and when I pulled the carpet back I noticed there was a gap there. Just a second opinion is all.

L8r,
    . Riz . <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</A>

6. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Thanks guys. Where might this drain hose be at? Also, should I run silicone around the plastic housing the heater core goes into?

7. 89Blazin

89Blazin 1/2 ton status

Had the same thing....pulled heater core and it looked new...except for the hairline crack caused by bending the tubes too far/much, apparently during the installation.

85 Burb and an 89 Blazer
    One just for fun, one simply for pleazer

8. Flyinhi86

Flyinhi86 Registered Member

If there is a good amount of water I would bet your window is leaking at the bottom. Mine did the same thing, got window removed, rotten through on both sides. Just a little test, try putting the garden hose to that area, no pressure though and see if it still leaks.

9. 87JIMMYVA

87JIMMYVA Registered Member

look for floor crakes on that side below the seat