Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Mold in Carpet, Seat belts and Seams.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ChevyHuny, Sep 13, 2002.

1. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

My truck sat for awhile while I was rebuilding it. It had a small leak in the door which I ended up fixing, However the interior of my truck grew some mold. I was able to clean up the dash for the most part but I dont know how to get it out of the carpet and seats. The seams of the seats too. I dont want to just throw any kind of cleaner on it especially bathroom cleaner becuase it has bleach. I have grey cloth interior pictured here.
    [​IMG]

Does anyone have idea about the safest way I can do this. The hardest place to get it out of so far is the seat belts. Its gotten into the threads and kind of dyed it.
    Thanks

2. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

I have something that was 100.00 a gallon for ANY smell if you need it, but as for mold, go to Schucks, there is this stuff in a red can, and it has a little scrubby bristle thing on the end, it is made by 3-M and it is badddd A$$$$ ! you'll be very happy.it worked great on my LIGHT tan / suade interior. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

3. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

ditto to robs "red can with the scrubby thing" we have it at work and my brother used it in the jimmy when he bought it and the jimmy had been sitting for 2 years !!!!

4. uglychevyZZ4

HECKKKKKKKKKKKK YES!!! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif itll even remove GREASE /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

5. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

The stuff in the red can and brush, is it carpet cleaner? I bought some stuff in a red can that had a brush on the end at shucks. I am not sure of the brand but it did NOTHING to the seat belts. Its GREAT on carpet and okay not on the seats but it did nothing for the seat belts. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

6. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

its called Tuff Job Remover I think...might be wrong though.

7. uglychevyZZ4

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    but it did nothing for the seat belts.

[/ QUOTE ] ya, they are extremely tough to clean, they are so tightly woven and strong to save us, they dont clean well. mine look like pOOp /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

8. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Do they make Poop cleaner? lol

I will look for that Tuff Job cleaner or something like that.

Its weird becuase instead of white like the rest of the mold it is black spots. Maybe I will take it to a detail shop and see what they can do with it too.