Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

mom and dad gave me the title to the suburban!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by muddysub, Jun 15, 2002.

1. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif i can't believe it! they gave it to me for my 18th b-day (which is in 4 days) /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif wow she's finally mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

SWEET!!!

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Cool! Since the truck was free, you should have plenty of money for upgrades! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

congrats /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

5. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I wish it worked that way! /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

6. muddysub

yeah i do have some money for upgrades. we had a grad/birthday party last night and i got enough money for a doubler if i want it. i'm probobly gonna get a shackle flip, 6" TC EZ ride front springs, air conditioning and a stereo. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

7. scotty1

scotty1 1/2 ton status

Congrats, I wish someone would give me a burb. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

8. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

Get some 40inch Super Swampers to go with that 3" body lift you want! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

9. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Uh-ohh, Party-wagon /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

10. The85k5

The85k5 1/2 ton status

air conditioning??? doesnt the back window roll down? haha i've used my ac like 3 times in the last 3 years....it works awesome but having a back window that rolls down i never use it!

11. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

That's cuz you live in the bay area, nobody has a/c there! Sometimes I wish I had a/c but I just pretend I'm in a sauna.....

12. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

I live on the coast onboard Camp Pendleton and I've been wearing my front ac out. I'm moving inland to Murrieta this month and I plan on tinting the two front side windows and wearing out the rear ac as well as the front!

I can't run with the back window down, it pulls in too much exhaust.

13. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

That's awesome. I wish I'd got more money for my graduation. It helped some, but it looks like all I'll be able to afford with it is a clutch.

14. muddysub

i have barn doors, no roll down rear window. i really need a/c here in vegas. i wish i could get some 40"swampers but my 36"s are still good and i don't have enough money for new 40"s

15. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

The wife got me the 2" body lift for fathers day! I should have it on by next week. I'll post pics for you. I sure hope nothing goes wrong between now and Blazer Bash. I want to see an all Sub line up!

16. muddysub

hell yeah! i know how you feel i don't wanna screw things up too bad. i'm getting 4.56s this month and maybe 6" suspension and a 1" body.. and rock sliders, shock mounts, a/c, and a stereo. hopefully!! i just got laid off so i need another job when get back from AK.

17. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

This summer sometime I'll try to get some pics up of my buddy's Suburban. He's got an '80 K20 Sub with 10" (I think) and 3" and 44" Ground Hawgs. It's got a 350/SM 465/NP 205 and 4.56 geared axles. The body is all rotted to hell though so he's got a complete rust free '89 he's going to eventually swap all the parts to. I'm pretty sure you guys would think it was pretty cool

I'll tell ya, there's always room for one more in a Suburban!! That's the great thing about it...go muddin, bring ALL your friends (that is, if they're tall enough to climb into that thing!!).

18. 85 Shortbox

85 Shortbox 1/2 ton status

First off, Happy Birthday and Congrats on your recent acquisition of the Burb. Second, do those tires rub at all after the trim job? I have 4" lfit and 35x14 hawgs and need to trim yet and am just trying to figure out how radical I have to get with the Sawzall?

19. muddysub

i've rubbed them a time or two. nothing serious just a lil more trimming. the outer was fine the inner has a bolt head sticking out of it that the tire grabbed and pulled it out some so i did so banging with the F**king hammer i've never rubbed the outer skin but the inner has been beat up. then i bent the bottom edge of the inner fender back and when i rub i rub in a nice way the tires just say "why hello fenders, how are you today?" instead of "AAAGGHH I'M GONNA EAT YOU ALIVE AND SPIT YOU BACK OUT IN THE FORM OF A MASHED UP PIECE OF METAL, FENDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif my tires and fenders get along well. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

20. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

Two questions:

1: Do your parents have any other cool gm trucks around the house?
    2: Are they looking to adopt a 34 year old married guy?

Congrats. I'll be at the BB with my burb. See ya there!

tom