Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Mom and Dad get to go out and cut loose and come home in a cop car

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by COCHEV, Oct 6, 2002.

1. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

So its been almost 2 years sense our baby boy was born. the wife and i hardly get to go out with three kids and both with full time jobs. but saturday night we had our oldest (14) watch the little one and the middle kid was at a friends. so the wife and i dicided to hit the town. now the first hurdle was actually being awake after 10:00- i'm usually checkin out the back of my eyelids by then. but once we were out we started having fun. we checked out a local band for a while and then hit the dance club and had a great time. at about 1:30 we walk out to find our suburban and its gone! there are 2 cop cars in the parking lot and here we are wondering around the parking lot looking for our car- i'm sure this did not look good to them at first. but i was certain we were where the burb was. so we tell the officer and give him a description of the burb. he cruises the entire lot (incase we were really tanked and just couldn't find it) comes back and tells us that the burb, and 20 other cars, had been towed from the parking lot. see the club lot was full and we parked in a side lot. apparently we (along with 20 others) missed the microscopic private lot sign. so the nice officers give us a ride home and today i got to go un impound my rig to the tune of $260 /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

i'm in the wrong line of work. lets see 20 cars at 260 a pop not bad for a night's work, huh? Hmmmmm could buy a lot of truck goodies with that! i know, its my fault, i didn't see the little bitty sign. you know most places that really don't want you to park in thier lot use very good, very prominent signage. but people who have a nice little deal with the towing company i'm sure, put up a little inconspicuous sign and you better not blink. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

ok, i'm done venting. thanks,

jason

2. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Bummer!
    At least you had a good time, up until...
    And now your 14 year-old, knows his "old-man" really is "Cool", after-all, the cops had to bring him home. Gotta be cool, for that to happen. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Side-note:
    Had the same exact thing happen to me too, except my 100 doller, beat-up, rust bucket, Blazer was the only one that wasn't towed. Guess they figured I had enough problems to deal with. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Either that or they thought I'd never come and pick it up..

3. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

actually the 14 yr old is a she and her response was: " Ohh my god, like, Noooo way!" /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

you got screwed....

Signs are supposed to be vieweable...

5. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

dude that sucks /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif i hope that wasnt your money for next june? you need to come over and spear a spud /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

Sh!t, that was my money i didn't have last June! i know its my own fault but doesn't make me any less pissed. just need to get me a tow truck and a case of KY and i'll have me a real nice blazer. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

7. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

LMAO !!!! Good one man! I can relate though. We were in Memphis for a Clapton concert
    and got the car towed. Did I mention I live in LOUISVILLE! That could have been a real
    long walk home!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif