Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Mom is gone for a month....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Jul 12, 2006.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

My mom left early this morning for an almost 4 week trip to Asia. She lands in Hong Kong. Then flies from there to Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam. She will be visiting the Central Highlands of Vietnam(which I'm told by her she needs a passport just to go there). Then off to Bangkok, Thailand. Then off to the Phillipines to wrap it up. All the while meeting with Government Officials, and people from her company. At this point I kind of wish I had gone with her. She semi-asked if I wanted to, but I didn't want to. Think she could definetally use the company in hindsight, and well it wouldn't kill me to quit my job, ha.

This is the company my mom is a Vice-President of -> Pearl S. Buck International.

2. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

She will need a passport for travel to just about foreign country. The only exceptions I can think of are the Caribbean, Bermuda, Panama, Mexico and Canada. So this is an international adoption agency she is working for? Maybe she meant a Visa?

3. fabjunkie

fabjunkie 1/2 ton status

I would have been all over that trip. Especially if your mom is a milf. j/k I've always wanted to walk around in a sea of 4ft tall people. I'm only 6'4", I think I'd fit right in. :D

4. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Kegger at Sleds!!!

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I would love to go and talk to people using those phrases I've learned from all the movies that I have watched about the war..................................:D :D :D

6. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

:bow: :haha:
    hopefully you'll get another chance in the future.you only live once, grab everything you can. and BUBBA :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :bow: :haha: :haha:

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

She has a passport and all, but just to travel from one portion of Vietnam to the Central Highlands is suppossedly something most foreigners are not allowed to do.

The company is an Adoption/Sponsorship/Historic Site, company. The home of Pearl S. Buck is a historic site, and the company is located on the same property(the adoption stuff was started by Pearl Buck back in the day).

8. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

The ones I love are when ya sit up after the alarm goes off then have to lay back down for the next half of an hour and breathe real regular till your back stops spasming. Great fun there.

9. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

haha, yeah especially fun in Thailand...

10. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

I don't know that being in Thailand would make much of a difference one way or the other.:haha:

11. GotLabs

GotLabs 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Hope she makes it home alright, and post some pics of her.........journey when she returns.:D

12. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Sounds like a nobel line of work.

Too bad you didn't go, I still kick myself for not traveling more when I was younger. Next time you need to jump on an invite like that.

13. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I passed up on the parents recent trip to Hawaii as well... I had just started my new job and didn't want to ask for a week off already. By the time the trip came up I realized how much I hate working where I do and how little I would care about asking for a week off, but it was too late.