Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

moment of silence :(

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Redfrog, Aug 27, 2002.

1. Redfrog

Redfrog 1/2 ton status

please observe a moment of silence for *Red* my 76 K-5
    she is rusted,dented,torn,bent,cracked,twisted,and in a few
    days she will be parked to be parted out /forums/images/icons/frown.gif . I have owned her for about 4 years changed the oil,did a tune up,put brakes and ball joints, u-joint's and a axle yoke. She has never let me down. but she is to the point where there is not enough metal left in the floor boards and cargo area to even call her a Blazer any more (you could call her a strainer I quess) the tailgate won't open because of the tail pan has dropped about 3/4" the drivers side door will barely open, the hood will barely open.. that stuff has never mattered to me.. but tonight on came a unbearable Vibration followed by a BIG bang. sure enough she kept driving I have no Idea what it was. I do know that it came from the rearend which has been REALLY sloppy for the last 4+ years so I came to the decision that the time has come to part with "Red" before I am stranded in the middle of BFE at 2 in the morning. so please stop for a moment for
    the passing of one of the most reliable anything I have ever owned /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

/forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

2. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Sorry to hear it... /forums/images/icons/frown.gif But strip her down, take all the good parts and put em on another ride.... that way she'll live on.....

3. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Its always a sad day when that decision has to be made...but I agree with steph, take off the parts that are good and build a new rig to let RED live on.

4. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

When I parted out my 1984 Suburban I was very surprised how little was left holding the cab and frame together. On the plus side we will all be here to help you find another one...

5. dogman

dogman 1/2 ton status

our condolences to the owner of old 76k5, sorry to hear that; that darn cancer kills.
    must be good to know that some of the Parts will still go on, an be gladly donated to help out another.
    in order for others to keep going, donors are needed.
    even still it must hurt to have to let go.
    an it is a sad situation to have to. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

<font color="orange">dogman </font color>

6. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

*bows head*
    I'm sorry to hear of your loss.
    Will you be getting a new K5 after your period of mourning?

7. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    Hmmmm I have thoughts of a tube bender, a little diamond plate. K5 Mad Max style. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

8. Redfrog

Redfrog 1/2 ton status

I have another but the engine is out of it at the moment.
    and I have been driving "RED" until I get it put back together so I guess I will be putting the engine out of RED
    in the other one. Which I would rather not do.
    owell gotta have wheels /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

9. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Don't part it out!!! Fix it!! Make your own body parts and make something that just kicks a$$!!!