Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Money order help

Discussion in 'General Parts for Sale' started by DUKSRULE, Jul 7, 2003.

1. DUKSRULE

DUKSRULE 1/2 ton status

Wasn't sure where to put this so I thought it would get some views here. I sent a Money Order to a member here and he claims to have not gotten it. I have no reason to believe that he didn't (although he did give several people his address to send a money order for the same part) Anyway now that it has been 30 days I can file the stolen money order claim. My question is if they run a trace and it turns out that he did get it do I have any recourse? Mail fraud maybe? Or if someone else cashed it will the post office do anything? I just want my $90 back. Any help would be nice.

Before the post police come in and give me hell for having this posted in the 4 sale forum let me add something for sale
    -4 sale 1 9/16 fine thread bolt. $.75 plus shipping

2. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

You should consult with your local Prosecutor and get the proper legal advice.I am sure they will point you in the right direction as far as legal recourse on this matter.Mail Fraud is a federal offense and they will Take action.Good luck...............

3. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

If you sent a money order, you should have the receipt stub from it and be able to track that number.

For example: if you got a MO from Western Union, you will have the little stub that you tear off the bottom for your own records. On that stub is the number and a phone number to call and ask if the MO has been cashed or not. If the operator says the MO has been cashed, then you have proof SOMEONE has gotten the MO.

Now if you want further proof, you will have to send some small amount to get the detailed info of that MO. Such detailed info will get you the name of the bank/institution the MO was cashed at, and will get you the signature, name, address, etc. of the person who cashed it.

With Western Union, this little bit of info costs $12 to get back. That is well spent when you need to find out who cashed it so you can seek legal advise if need be. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Many other forms of money orders are operated and done the same way as Western Union. If you got an MO from your local bank, they should be able to find out the info for you just as easily as Western Union can. Good luck. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. DUKSRULE

DUKSRULE 1/2 ton status

It was a postal MO. I have the white copy and am going in to file the trace. Will the Post Office give me the money back if it hasn't been cashed? I hope if it has the persone gets fried.

5. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

How long is the bolt and how much would shipping be to 94066? How does $.50 sound? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Eric

7. DUKSRULE

DUKSRULE 1/2 ton status

Shipping will be $3000 handling fee and $.25 for the UPS bill

8. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Thanks, but I'll pass. And I really wanted one of those bolts too /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

9. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    4 sale 1 9/16 fine thread bolt. $.75 plus shipping

[/ QUOTE ]
    Hey...I sent you a MO for that bolt last month /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Just kidding...Anyhow, looks like there have been several For Sale post from the same person. Maybe look at some of them and send PM's to people who bought and see if they there parts.