Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Money order lost in the mail??

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by stallion85, Feb 10, 2007.

1. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

What would happen if someone lost a money order in the mail? A guy is buying my 300 Ultra Mag and he mailed the MO over a week ago. We are thinking it got lost in the mail.

How is he going to go about cancelling these and how long will it take to get new ones re-issued. He went through Western Union......one is for $1,000 and the other is for $340.

I have been waiting for like two weeks since we made this deal and now it looks like it may be another while before he gets these re-issued. I told him I will wait till Monday then call him if they haven't arrived yet.

2. stallion85

Well after looking at there website it looks as though it can take up to 30 days. This guy waited almost a week to send the money order, so now it has been 2 weeks since we made the deal. If he has to claim his money orders back from Western Union then it could be another month.

I really needed this money now and even sold my gun for less than I wanted.

What would you do in a situation like this? All I know is if I sent a MO for $1300 I would have sent it out certified mail with a tracking number or something.

3. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

I did an electronic money order through western union.

You go to the website, enter in the person's name & addy, and bam!

You could literally call them on the phone, and they could walk in their nearest Western Union and pick up the e-money order.

4. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

I have had a money order stolen out of the recipient's mail box before and they are full of crap when they say 30 days. It took me nearly 90 days to get it all worked out and it was a huge ass pain. I say you tell the guy the gun is back on the market and if he can get the $$ before you get another offer it's his. Also, if you doubt him at all, make him give you a copy of the receipt.

5. stallion85

I hate to do it, but I am going to put the gun back up for sale. I can't wait around for another 30-90 days. He should have protected the MO better. I hope he doesn't think I am scamming him or something.

6. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Its not a scam. If the MO is lost, he will be able to get the $$ back at some point.

7. NEK5

NEK5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Yep, very easy to do, as I`m the one who recievd said money order....