Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Monica Lewinsky Says That Bill Clinton is a Liar

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bigyellowjimmy, Jun 25, 2004.

1. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

06-25-2004 12:07 PM

LONDON -- Monica Lewinsky said Bill Clinton is a "revisionist of history" who lied about their relationship in his new memoir, according to a British newspaper.

In an interview with The Daily Mail, Lewinsky called the former president's account of their relationship dishonest and said he has missed an opportunity to undo some of the damage their entanglement caused her.

"He could have made it right with the book," the newspaper quoted her as saying. "But he hasn't. He is a revisionist of history. He has lied."

Lewinsky, now 30, the former White House intern whose affair with Clinton led to his impeachment, said his description of their relationship in his just-published "My Life" made it sound like the dalliance came only at her initiative and was purely physical.

"I really didn't expect him to go into detail about our relationship" in the memoir, she said. "But if he had and he'd done it honestly, I wouldn't have minded. ... I did though at least expect him to correct the false statements he made when he was trying to protect the presidency.

"Instead, he talked about it as though I had laid it all out there for the taking. I was the buffet and he just couldn't resist the dessert," she was quoted as saying.

"That's not how it was. This was a mutual relationship, mutual on all levels, right from the way it started and all the way through. ... I don't accept that he had to completely desecrate my character."

Clinton wrote that his affair with Lewinsky revealed "the darkest part of my inner life" and led to his temporary banishment from the White House bedroom. He said on CBS' "60 Minutes" that he became involved with Lewinsky "for the worst possible reason. Just because I could."

Copyright 2004 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

---------------------------------------------------------

Isn't it interesting how Lewinsky is so gullible that she thought Clinton would tell the truth in a book but not to keep his power..... "I did though at least expect him to correct the false statements he made when he was trying to protect the presidency." Its like he's justified in lying to the American people and under oath to keep his power but he's a scumbag for lying in a book.

At least Clinton has a good explanation for why he had an affair with an intern......" Just because I could." Nice Bill. At least he was honest for a change.

Gotta love Libs, they are funny to laugh at but they are really scary when in power due to their lack of morals, self control and loyalty to anything other than themselves.

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Oops yes I did my research again and you are very correct he was the second the first was Andrew Johnson I stand corrected...

3. bigyellowjimmy

Actually he was impeached in the House. The second President in history I believe.

4. bigyellowjimmy

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Its a common misperception since he wasnt removed from office.

5. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Gotta love Libs, they are funny to laugh at but they are really scary when in power due to their lack of morals, self control and loyalty to anything other than themselves. [ QUOTE ]

Nixon, Agnew, Gov of Illinois (saw the story don't remember his name).....ALL POLITICIANS LIE.....ALL of them.....it's called "spin control"....as in don't believe your lying eyes....

NOT to Condone Clinton....but....look who he's married to....y'all know she ain't polished a knob in her life....Any of y'all with a wife/gf that doesn't go downtown Will step up if the opportunity (ie., hero worshipping bimbo) is put in yer face....just because he is in Public office doesn't change basic human nature....He is in a Power relationship with a domineering woman...prolly ain't been laid but once or twice in his life ....He made a bad choice in his personal relationship, but they Both had been preparing for political office since High School....to be fair, neither of the Clintons are stupid people ( they are both Rhodes Scholars)....

There are a number of politicians in office...from Both parties (or all 5 parties, whatever)....that Cheat on their wives....some get caught...and the political machine covers it up....When some of y'all have gotten caught...you Lie until you just can't anymore....sometimes your friends help you cover your tracks (while they tell you you're an idiot)......Clinton is an Idiot Because he got caught...basic rule of an affair...Yer Gonna get caught....most people just don't live under a microscope....

I believe Bush (et al) are misleading...call it Spin control....the "liberal bleeding heart" media seems to lie about Everything Bush says and does according to Some of y'all....I agree with Some of what Bush has done...I agreed with Some of what Clinton did....I Disagree with Some of what Both of them have done....

I consider myself a Moderate.....in Reagans era, that made me a Conservative....in todays era, anyone who acknowledges they have a left foot is a "[darn] communist anti-American dope smoking bleeding heart fag lovin' hippie liberal"....as often as that line of thought has been pounded on this site, it's beginning to sound like paranoid extremism...some people jump on differing opinions, sounds like Fear of Freedom of Speech ....

I was 2 miles inside Cambodia when Nixon said "we have No Combat troops" in Cambodia....and We had sure as Hell been in combat....with Tube artillery, Air Strikes, Gunship support....And I was doing my job....BDA...Bomb Damage Assessment from the Arclight B-52 strikes.....we put guys in body bags and sent them home to Dover, Del...you can read a mostly complete list of names on The Wall....it's gonna take a while since there are over 50,000.....Nixon was the biggest POS ever elected...but he had a Great political machine behind him.....Nixon is the reason I question my elected officials...Nixon is the reason I don't follow blindly....

This has turned into a rant....politics pisses me off...the Men who founded this country had something missing these days....Honor.

sorry for the rant...I'm gonna stay out of this from now on....

6. bigyellowjimmy

ALL politicians lie? The only reason Clinton is an idiot is because he got caught?

Not all politicians lie and Clinton is an idiot because he had an affair with an intern, not just because he got caught. Even having a cold wife doesnt give you a pass to have sex with interns and lie about it under oath. There have been 2 Presidents in our countries history that have been impeached and Clinton is one of them. Sorry but he's not your typical politician he's the worst in our history.

7. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    Monica Lewinsky Says That Bill Clinton is a Liar

[/ QUOTE ]

Im sorry, but anyone who hasn't know this since 1992 has some serious issues...

j

8. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Grasp for those straws Monica, your timer is right at about 14:03 right now

9. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Clinton a liar? Never!! /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

I have yet to see anyone in any type of political position who isn't a liar. It's like it's required on the application for them to get in the door.

10. gm4x

gm4x 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Clinton a liar? Never!! /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

I have yet to see anyone in any type of political position who isn't a liar. It's like it's required on the application for them to get in the door.

[/ QUOTE ]

Truer words were never spoken! Tell the people what they want to hear....get voted into office.....then do as ya' damn well please.

11. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

YEAH but, have ya seen miss lewinsky lately?? I'd take a piece of that, course I like the fat bottomed ones. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

12. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

I'm thinking more like 14:45 and counting...