Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

"MONSTER" DISAPOINTMENT!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by DBLAZER, Jun 10, 2003.

1. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

\"MONSTER\" DISAPOINTMENT!

What a complete and utter disapointment last nights Monster Garage was.

Forget the fact that this was way out of the norm for the build. Typically they take a vehicle that has nothing to do with the end result, for example:
    Ford Explorer ---- Garbage Truck
    Ford Mustang ----- Lawn Mower
    Chevy Impalla ---- Zamboni

You get the point. This was a 4x4 Bronco turned into a , well, a 4x4. Ok, I know, I know, it still was a lot of work and this is know siple transformation.......well.....nothing had to be monsterized. It was all given to them , I think the anouncer said upwards of 27K worth of freebies.
    Ok, FINE, I can deal with that. Well, no I can't where is the real challange. Guys, here is a killer wheelin rig, killer wheelin parts, killer KNOW-HOW from your team mates. Build me a rockcrawler.

OK, OK, the build itself was still fun to watch. I enjoyed watching these guys go. They are very good at building. I think the build team was good, this is nothing against them.

My last serious complaint was the HORRIBLE skewed view of Rockcrawlin and wheelin itslef. All they showed of the PRO's was them goin full throttle, tearing up the rocks and smashing up the terain. Then they shoe some "real" video footage. I WAS DISCUSTED!!! They show a video of some dumb a$$ rolling over without a seat belt, getting tossed and damn near crushed then chasin his rig down the trali as it carines down the trail on its own. They also show numerous rigs flippimg and dumping trash. THEN , my favorite, the end bit.
    Jesse out on the trail with a bunch of what looks to be, beer swillin rednecks as he proceeds to destroy the rig. He showed know respect for what we do in my opinion. H just pointed and mashed the gas.
    I don't know, like I said this was just a poor representation of the sport I LOVE SO VERY MUCH. the kind of wheelin I like to do is veryu technical, and takes TONS of skill. We do not just point and MASH.
    What a disapointment.
    Just my .02
    NASH

2. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Re: \"MONSTER\" DISAPOINTMENT!

Couldn't agree more. Do have one bone to pick though...[ QUOTE ]
    beer swillin rednecks

[/ QUOTE ] I resemble that remark /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

John

3. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

So to summarize:

NASH DOESN'T MASH!...

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

I mash when it is needed. Even then it is as little go juice as possible. Like I said, I like the more technical HARD stuff. Not the ready aim and fire type.

5. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

OH, yes I forgot abuout this part, thanks 6.2Deisel :
    [ QUOTE ]
    I just wasn't impressed with that episode at all. Overall I thought it gave the fourwheeling community a black eye when they showed it puking tranny fluid all over the ground, basically intentionally destroyed the rig, and then after it broke the "crew" pushed it over on it's side.......really good impression, huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

6. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

i can agree on a mess of those points....

i was dissapointed to see $27k of freebies.....

the rollovers with the trash... was rediculous.. did you notice the one jeep rolled and a front driveshaft fell out? THAT COULD KILL SOMEONE ON A ROLLOVER!!! ALWAYS SECURE EVERYTHING!!! including tissue box...

he destroyed that truck.. I am not a ford man but hey that was pretty sweet... they didnt even utilize what that truck could do....

it puked tranny fluid all over.. we would be throwin blankets under it.. even the shirt off of our backs due to not wanting to get the environment ruined... also he romped so hard that there had to be some damage to the terrain.....

but hey it is a show that wants ratings and that is it....

7. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I agree completely. The show was very disappointing; it just goes to show that Jesse James should stay on the pavement where he belongs.

Did you notice at the end the guy was telling Jesse how to get to the trail (they were at the Hammers, I beleive), and Jesse just said "why?" and drove up into the rocks that were right there. I know that Johnson Valley is designated as open, but it still would have made alot more sense to take the thing on an established trail. Lots of disappointments in that show though, the majority of them during the thrashfest that was supposedly "rockcrawling" at the end. Makes the entire 4x4 community look bad.</font>

8. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I didn't see the episode but knew about the 29K worth of freebies a while ago and that sort of disgusted me. I am a snowmobiler at heart(explains my name) though and did any of you see that episode?? When they made a mini cooper into a sled that disgusted me. Not cause of what they built that was pretty nice(though never had a chance) but the representation of the race. They had Richard Petty(a CAR racer) riding a HOT 2004 Polaris XR high performance factory production race sled vs. that cooper. Ok fine I saw that and chuckled realizing the cooper was done. Richard Petty definetally never went over 1/4 or maybe at times 1/2 throttle through that entire race. Let me on that sled I could have run that course in a solid minute at the most. First time I ever realized the competition was taking it easy on the creations. I thought it was stupid cause Polaris donated all that stuff then the show made their sled look slow as a wounded dog.

9. redbeast

redbeast Registered Member

Last nites show jus proves what I allready new. Jesse James is a P.O.S /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif. Needs to stay in his shop keep working on Hardleys { an no I didnt misspell it}. All that wacker does is take perfectily good parts an turn it to the biggest pile of sh /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif !! Its a disgrace to not only the fine vendors that gave up hard earned money but also the people who take this sport to heart. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

10. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

I wonder what would happen if I walked into Jesse's shop and offered to pay him $3000 to build me a rockcrawler???

....or if I offered $3000 for what's left of the one he just built/destroyed???

The "budget" is a joke....they should initiate a "claimer" rule like in drag racing!! If Jesse cheats on his budget, you should be able to offer pay him what he spent and keep it for yourself!!! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

I like seeing crazy stuff, but they need to stop pretending that it's gets done on a low budget.

11. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

I was disappointed in JJ's overall attitude with the truck as soon as he got it finished. I would have liked to see him actually try the little trail they were on, which was a little rock garden area about 20 miles west of the hammers. Oh well /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

12. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

13. BigBurban350

BigBurban350 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

Thats hilarious /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

14. stump_puller

stump_puller 1/2 ton status

I didn't like it when he climbed up the first hill(mound) they told him to go to the other area and Jesse's says "I don't see what is so techinal about rockcrawling" I agree whith him if all you are out there to do is bash your rig all to hell the first 5 minutes you are there. But come-on really. This show is getting more disapointing each week. There are getting way to comericalalized.
    I think maybe we(CK5.com) needs to come up with a show like that. And when we gets parts doniated to us we can giveaway to other members after the show is over instead of just destorying like Jesse does.
    I have just stopped whatching the show, and after yesterdays show I'm all done with the show now.

And on another note did anyone read in the latest HOT ROD mag that Jesse got an award for welding. It was for all the talented welding HE does(?).

Well I feel better,
    Don
    /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

15. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

***cough*** Jessy James' Post ***cough***
    /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

16. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

Wow that a good site they bash him up good he uses the name vanillago-rilla

17. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's a Jerk /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif
    Yes that's me.

18. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

I will say 1 thing he did pick up a tool in this show instead of the specter role he normally plays

19. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="green"> The guy can't even manage to figure out the shift key so he has to keep the caps lock on. He's a ****in tard. He was cool when the first Motorcycle Mania was on but the noteriety has gone straight to his head. He has no regard for anyone but himself and seems to genuinely enjoy pissing people off. Oh well, what're you gonna do? /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif</font>

20. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Nice effort Grimmy...too bad no matter what you say it'll be like talking to a brick.

Rene