Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Monster Garage, all girls

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Nov 29, 2004.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

the roll cage /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif the roll cage /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

as soon as they started on that thing I stopped and stare at it. I mean they made the halo out of 45* angle cuts and the main bar too... no bends... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif The chick who welded it(booger welds cause she was afraid of more heat), said "I don't build roll cages for a living, I don't intend to, I just weld".... her welds sucked /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Don't get me wrong, I am all for girls doing this stuff, like I said in my monster nation post, girls + tools = sexy, but these girls haven't dealt with a dirt track car without their husbands before.

2. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

I just got done watching that show... They couldn't even fire the engine up. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Oh well, they at least had some boobies. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

3. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

Bends are actually a weak point in the tube. If you had the time & ability to lay out and then cut perfect miters at every intersection, and have no mid-span bends in any tube, then it would be stronger than the same design with bends in it.
    ACE Motorsports reportedly did this with one of the stock class dezert racing Expeditions. I've not seen it though.

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I really doubt 45* butt welds with booger welds are anywhere near as strong as flowing bends. Flowing bent tube is one tube. Cut tubes are welded together trying to simulate one tube when they could just bend it and be done.

5. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

yes but a properly done weld will be the strongest part of any piece of metal, at least that what i was taught in metal shop in school

6. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

That girl was a bitch. The whole team sucked. The barley had anyhing to do and couldn't even get it sone. It was lame. Sick when Jesse melted the car though! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I've been a part of a 5 man team that built a circle track car from a stock car in 2 days. Rolled into the driveway as a street car and literally 2 days later rolled out a circle track stock car. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif Motor swap would have been more work but I garauntee I could do it in 24 hours(I have before)

8. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I really doubt 45* butt welds with booger welds are anywhere near as strong as flowing bends. Flowing bent tube is one tube. Cut tubes are welded together trying to simulate one tube when they could just bend it and be done.

[/ QUOTE ]

With booger welds I'd have to agree. Done right I'll disagree.

9. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Yeah, show sucked but that freakin Star Wars furnace they melted that car in was kick ass!

10. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Last night they also aired the episode with the '81 Cadillac 1/4-mile car.....supposedly a supercharged, EFI 502???

Pretty neat, except when Jesse got his ass handed to him by another Cadillac almost immediately. Anyone know more about the elapsed times (or MPH) they actually "ran" down the quarter???

I'd also like to know more about that "sleeper" Caddy. IMHO it was way more interesting because it didn't have a dumb blower sticking out through the hood and apparently had plenty of "spanking power" hidden under a conventional hood.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

well they also did an unconventional bracket race with the sleeper caddy. The sleeper left on like the first yellow and Jesse left on green(notice both lights going green at the sametime instead of switching to the proper mode and having seperate staging lights), very unscientific bracket racing. The car didn't seem that fast for a blown EFI 502 though.

12. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Last night they also aired the episode with the '81 Cadillac 1/4-mile car.....supposedly a supercharged, EFI 502???

Pretty neat, except when Jesse got his ass handed to him by another Cadillac almost immediately. Anyone know more about the elapsed times (or MPH) they actually "ran" down the quarter???

I'd also like to know more about that "sleeper" Caddy. IMHO it was way more interesting because it didn't have a dumb blower sticking out through the hood and apparently had plenty of "spanking power" hidden under a conventional hood.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont know the times, bit that was an 1/8th mile track.