Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Monster garage, monster nation 3, messed up 4x4

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Mar 1, 2004.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Guy built a covered wagon on a ford F250 frame. Alright whatever its interesting, but he built something I can't quite figure out. He had the standard tension mounting configuration, but then he had another leaf spring pack over the top of the suspension. So it looked like an oval from the side. Both were full normal spring packs. I can't figure out what the thought process is. First thought was load handling, but a simple normal 1 ton pack would probably have handled that. Then I thought this provided a better ride, but 2 spring packs with both of their rates working I can't see it doing anything but hurting ride. So anyone have thoughts?

2. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

That is how old covered wagons were sprung. It is a neat design if you can apply it to a 4x4 but a link set up will be neccessary also.

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

oh now that I think about it I get it. Man that would be tons of droop if you worked it out.

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I do believe that is what is called a buggy leaf............There's been the rare 4x4 in the mags that have that setup.