Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

monster garage rock crawler

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by highrider_44s, Apr 5, 2005.

1. highrider_44s

highrider_44s 1/2 ton status

just turned on the tv and foud monster garage there building a rock crawler out of a 60 somthing ford bronco. they got like 20 grand in free parts (those bastards) free hydro steer atlas transfer case shocks fuel cell edelbrok fuel injection headers and more crap tires and aluminum hummer beadlocks thats a lot of freebies well see how it turns out

2. highrlr

highrlr 1/2 ton status

Must be a rerun cause I saw that show over a year ago already i bet. If I remember correctly there was some talk over on classicbronco.com that it was for sale for like $60k+! Jesse really thrashes on that thing when they are done with it! He breaks one of the bolts for an upper front link I think it was and jsut keep's hammering on it even after it broke!

3. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

yeah he is an ass...
    I liked the show until the freebies... I thought it was gonna be a low budget buildup but instead the freebies that us blue collar workers (wearing one right now :grin: ) could never afford.. like dynatrac d60's and all that other great stuff....

then ta boot not only do they get all that freebies... ok fine overlook that... but jessie doesnt do any style to the rock challenge... he just tries then thrashes the hell out of the truck....

he did also crush a car in the street the night before......

I stopped watching anything jessie builds because he breaks it all....

4. highrider_44s

probably the same one they blow the motor in a buick and it caught on fire doing it the cops some and he says it blew a thermostat and over heated then run the thing over a fewtimes outs side the shop

5. highrlr

highrlr 1/2 ton status

Yeah thats the one. Another thing that pissed me off about it was it was the viewers choice show meaning that is what all the people that watch the show wanted them to build and then when he gets done destroying the thing he says "I dont know what the big deal is" which to me means, well that sucked!.

6. highrider_44s

yea he spent more time thrashing on it and breaking it then actuall trying to drive it all he wanted to was roll it and he broke it trying jumped it off a bunch of rocks almost rolled it bun not quite

7. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

Who cares, he can. Its for sale, I posted it in the lounge a while back.

http://westcoastchoppers.com/sh it4sale/1968_ford_bronco/full/001.jpg

take out the space between "sh" and "it"

8. GMC

GMC 1/2 ton status

Ya they spent like $40,000+ on that thing and it broke on the first rock they went over. I think it snapped a link and the HAD driveshaft.