Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

monster garage, the offroad 4x4 corvette project

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by R72K5, Nov 28, 2003.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

ok,.... watching it right now with a roommate here, and.....

well... i drool over this kind of work and wish some day that i could somehow get into it,

but not like this,....

this is a little far fetched,. why are they using a vintage vette ? who is the retard that though this one up ? and why ?

why couldnt they use a third gen camaro or something not so rare and collectible and nice ?

the show is on right now on discovery channel in central time zone,
    they are using the old two link trailing arm coils setup for rear suspension, just like the 63-72 chevy trucks and nascar uses
    in which is the best suspension ever made, to date, IMO

2. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

watching it too

who knows
    probably a fake body...they have loads of $$$
    i just wish i could get a piece of these cars when they get done...or scrapped

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

man this was a real vintage vette, although i must say the outcome is awesome, they are out mudding it right now, and theres a 69-72 K5 in the pack even!

california sucks :P
    they lucky they stil have old vehicles like this around still

whole different world out there'
    all of us in the midwest are sheltered too much when it comes to old vehicles and cleanliness of sheetmetal and such /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

on a side note, i think that this show should get viewers more involved in the technical aspects, i would loveto know specs on the 4x4 vette like what engine and what drivetrain and everything, all i know is that its a BBC and a toyota rear axle with two linke rear suspension

4. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Are the trailing arms the big ol' traction bar looking things in the back? I have them on my '68 and someone told me they weren't stock, that someone tried to make some homemade anti-wrap bars or something.

5. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

They built a mud-bogger and put claws on it /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif Thats what I didn't get. There are boggers laying around in the shop Jesse should just send those to me instead of using them as decoration pieces. Couple of nice Blazers out there in the mud at the end.