Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Monster Garage & Why it SUCKS!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Corey-88K5, Feb 26, 2003.

1. Corey-88K5

Corey-88K5 1/2 ton status

Home: Michigan, Stationed: Hill AFB (Home of Moab.
    I've been wanting to post something since Monday. That show is really starting to piss me off. Get this, last monday they took a brand new mini and built it into a snow mobile. The crappy thing this, they are only supposed to get 3k to spend to build this item. Ok, so they get the Mini donated, but you can't tell me that they can justify the: Free- Snowmobile tracks & Suspension/brakes, Free Motors, Free Exhaust, free tires & wheels! Give me a friggin break. Any damn monkey can build a car into a sno-mobile in 7 days if budget isn't a concern. Hell, they even have thousands of dollars worth of tools available to do all the real work. Give one guy a hack saw, hammer and a stick welder, 3k and have him build a snow mobile vehicle in 7 days and that may be interesting!

I've already got this rock crawler show figured out. Here is how its going to happen. GM is going to donate a Hummer or Jeep will donate a Rubicon. The people building the truck will be designers from GM, JEEP, Dynatrac, ..... As far as parts, They are going to get some huge Diesel engine (for free) Turbo Charger (For Free) Intercooler (For Free), Atlas II T-case (Free) Dynatrac super axles, with lockers and gears (Free) Totally custom air-bag suspension (Free), x2 Winch Bumper (Free), x2 Warn protptyope 10million lb winch (Free), Rock SLiders & Body Armor (free), Roll Cage (Free) Seats (Free), Tires and Wheels (Free) and jessy will spend 2500 for rocks to be dumped in the street to find out if the truck works, not to mention some Choko-taco's that will come out to around 2506.00 And yet another BS show full of crap.

This show SUCKS!

Can you tell I'm pissed? I'd rather watch survivor or jo Mama's Millonare. Hell, isn't there something about breeding habits of red butt monkeys on or something??????

Don't even get me started about Trucks and the fag Stacy (what is it with guys with girl names trying to be cool on TV?) Why does that looser (Where is the Mullet hunter when you need one???) have to kick everything to prove its bolted on??? FU#%IN IDIOT!

Corey /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

You actually made me happy that I don't have cable.

3. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

come on man tell us how you really feel. you seemed like you were holding a few things back so you might as well let those out as well. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif just givin ya some $hit man. lol. later.

jacob

4. bikejunkie

bikejunkie Registered Member

I aggree Monster Garage is getting pretty chessy. The show about the MIni is just dumb. I think Jesse is getting tires of it too. He seems to always be jacking with other things while the others are slaving away. He needs to just end that stupid show. He's ruining his is reputation. The guy belongs behind a welder and not the camera.

5. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

Man you got alot of anger built up. It's just TV turn it on or turn it off. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Eric /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

6. konajoe

konajoe 1/2 ton status Premium Member

TV sucks its overrated…

Besides it takes away from quality Garage time /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Joe
    79K10 /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

7. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

WOW!!! Yes the show has lost the integrity (if it ever had it) that it may have started with. With the immense popularity, EVERYBODY wants their name associated with it. Did you realize how many times the name "Polaris" was mentioned. That's advertising, so Polaris saved 10-20 grand buy donating 10 grand worth of parts. When the show first started, they actually had to buy just about everything except wheels, tires and paint. Now the whole damn thing is a "freebie".

John

8. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

And on top of all that, the race with the Mini and the snow mobile was played at twice the normal speed because the mini really wasn't very fast at all, and never had a chance of winning... but they tried to make it look like it did. I have a bunch of friends who just went up to participate in Monster Garage making a Motor Home into a fold out skateboard half pipe and playing in the background band called The Shooters. I've been trying to watch the show to catch that episode but I'm not sure I can take much more either!

9. Highlander

Highlander 1/2 ton status

I feel your pain But it seems your talking about a longger Version of Junk Yards Wars.
    I'm not going to pick Stacy David for his name Hell blame his parents /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Stacy sure looks like he like trucks and I'm sure cars as well, I will agree that Monster Garage is kinda Chessy, That Mini was the first car that they had that was new. And they never would of got that deal to work if they hadn't gotten all that free stuff, But then they could of found some used stuff I guess.

Eric

10. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Kill your Television!

11. Corey-88K5

What about the time with the Hurst. There was a guy who works on forklifts. How many of us can just walk into a junk yard and get things for free? And the same show, they needed some pullys for the pumps, did they research or dig through a junk yard? Nope, they ran to Jesses shop, and spun out some billit alum. pullies off his lathe. Guess the cost... Yep, free.

That would be cool if that was the way things really worked for us that actually build our vehicles. You could call up Atlas, "I need a T-case" Them, "Ok, where do you want it shiped to, its free..."

Corey

12. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

Jess James is a punk and if he would work on those projects and make something from nothing that would be cool and someone is going to chime in and say he builds a nice bike I say yes and I would like I have 1 but I also want him to clean my garage to /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

13. Corey-88K5

Heck ya, clean my garage while he's at it!

14. Highlander

I missed that show isn't that the one where they failed to finish? I would rather see then make pullies than get free stuff.
    My piont about the junk yard was at lest they could pay for some of the stuff. Like in the limo show where just about used all of the 3k

15. 4x4dreamer

4x4dreamer 1/2 ton status

I'm getting annoyed at all the freebies too. Like the schoolbus, the bus they finished with, and the Pontoon boat they actually raced were way different. The boat at the end had a bunch of stuff added to it that wasn't there when they pulled it out of the garage. I still like the show, they do some cool stuff and I like to see who comes up with what ideas, but it has lost some of it's credibility with me. They were looking for things to spend money on last time ie Choco tacos, snow machines, etc. The only thing they really bought that they needed were the bearings for the tracks, which were like 200 bucks. Every once in a while they'll get an ARTIST on there who can make something work when everybody else is just lost. That's what I watch it for. I agree that the snowmobile race was lame. They said that Richard Petty's would do over 100 MPH and they showed it pulling up the front end, and there's just NO WAY that that mini would have done more than 30 with a tailwind. At least they had the decency to let the Snowmobile win. But you notice at the start he stayed seated and didn't even have to lean forward. To me, that means he wasn't getting on it.

16. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

Well some times itis cool but remember the rims and tires FREE FREE FREE /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif and i think that was the Hurst
    And the project that got my goat was the nut shaker (with the pre built head from the expert) I thought it should look stock even one of the builders brought up that point
    I would like to see a team take on jess team and go head to head with call in votes hummmmm

17. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

The hearse one sucked. They all dicked around and then couldn't finish. I haven't really seen the show enough to judge it, though....

18. Highlander

In the show with the nut truck /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif They had a nylon nut catcher then when they showed up it had a different deal maybe canvas. That wasn't cool.
    I know a guy I work with that says he know Jessie and has said hes just a punk and what made him big was really his wife and the work she did for the shop. And when I watch the some of the shows some times you don't see jessie a lot and sometimes you do.
    They find some really neat pepole for the show. Like Hector that man was a nut.

Eric

19. 4x4dreamer

4x4dreamer 1/2 ton status

One of the next new shows has them turning a Suburban into a chapel (????WTF????), but then they are turning an RX-7 into a Sandrail. How cool is that, rotary powered rail...that one I HAVE to see.

20. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Let's not forget the Wheelie Conversion van!!! Now, that was one of the coolest projects, but it wouldn't wheelie well until that NEW BLOCK and CRATE OF ENGINE PARTS arrived from Jegs, FOR FREE. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif I'd love for that to show up at my door.
    I agree, it's getting cheesy (especially the last 8 minutes when they test the vehicles), but I still watch it because it's entertaining and interesting to see what ideas people come up with.