Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

monster garage

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by greywolf, Jun 9, 2003.

1. greywolf

greywolf 1/2 ton status

rock crawler on now later

2. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

got it thanks /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Boy, Jesse sux dix for just trashing that front axle like that. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

4. greywolf

greywolf 1/2 ton status

sometimes (like tonight) he is such a butthead!my freind was like thats cool 29000.00 and he still broke it
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh jerk off!stupid s o b. time for sleep /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

5. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Why the hell should he care? That axle was FREE. At least Jess charged him for the High Angle Driveline that he trashed after the suspension link broke.

Overall that episode was the biggest joke I've seen yet. They have a supposed $3,000 budget. But they end up with $12,000 worth of free axles from Dynatrac, free BFG Krawlers, free beadlock wheels, free Edlelbrock multi-port EFI kit, etc. etc. What a crock.... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

6. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

i recorded it on my PC so i can cut clips out later! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

I have noticed the show has certainly made a joke of the "budget" aspect. Last episode they got a 502 crate motor, super charger and engine accessories, tranny all for free. This episode they paid for the drivelines, hydro rams, and some fittings...and all the rest free /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif They also don't seem to stay with the stock appearance thing very closely anymore either...oh well I guess it makes for good TV /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Now if they had been scrounging up some junkyard parts and welding the diff, and piecing it together all for $3000, that would be a show

8. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

How can we go about getting all these freebies, Freebies, FREEBIES !!! /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

9. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

I wayched the last five minutes when that ***hole jesse James destroyed the truck .. what a waste,,,
    I would have liked seeing some of the people profiled that built the rig... they are the truely talented ones

10. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

I couldn't believe that crap. If it wasn't for my son, the aspiring gearhead (6 yrs old /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif), that show would never grace my TV again /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

John

11. bckinblk

bckinblk 1/2 ton status

quote...Now if they had been scrounging up some junkyard parts and welding the diff, and piecing it together all for $3000, that would be a show ...............I agree with ya there 100% /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

jesse is just an a$$ /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

13. ducttape114

ducttape114 1/2 ton status

i still enjoyed the fabrication part of it. watching them build a race ready rig in 7 days was very impresive on any budget. what pissed me off was in the end when he was like, "ok lets see how fast we can break this thing!!!" then he abused it till she came apart. errrrrr /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

i also liked when two of the guys were arguing over the way the bedsides were gonna line up. they were freaking out because the lines werent gonna be strait. guys!!! its body, WHO CARES!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

14. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

I just wasn't impressed with that episode at all. Overall I thought it gave the fourwheeling community a black eye when they showed it puking tranny fluid all over the ground, basically intentionally destroyed the rig, and then after it broke the "crew" pushed it over on it's side.......really good impression, huh?

15. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]
    If it wasn't for my son, the aspiring gearhead (6 yrs old ),

[/ QUOTE ]
    I was just thinking how glad I am that the show comes on late at night here. My son is 3 and loves cars and trucks, but I don't see many folks on Monster Garage that I would want to have as role models for him. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif It IS possible to be a gearhead without being a complete a$$hole. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    It IS possible to be a gearhead without being a complete a$$hole.

[/ QUOTE ] Most the people that actually do the builds seem like regular folks. Yeah, they may have tattoos head to toe, mullets /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif, or whatever outside appearance, but there is always 10% that seem hell bent on bein' pricks.

John

17. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

That show has pretty much been a major disappointment ever since it started. And that 7 days building time is BS. Just the graphs and sketches that they show the first day took some serious time by the designers/engineers(I use those terms very loosely here) and the killer paint jobs that all the projects have are not done overnight and especially by one man... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

18. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

It just pisses me off that they are getting $30,000 worth of Free stuff. Any team could have built a rock crawler in 7 days with unlimited funds... /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

At least they built something that is desireable. I mean, who wants a Explorer trash truck or a 130mp hot dog cart? (although I'd take that engine...)

19. Hardcore

Hardcore 1/2 ton status

SHould have used a different vehicle than a mint EB. Something crazy like a car or a van, made it a challenge.

They should have kept to a real budget, junkyard parts or whatever.
    I was dissapointed /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

20. ZooMad75

ZooMad75 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Its funny when jesse does not understand or like the project he tries to act all super cool like he is above it or something. But when it looks like he has got something that he likes he doesnt pull the same crap like wanting to break it. The hot dog cart project was the something that Jesse liked did't plan on destroying.

I look at the Freebies like any other magazine buildup. They get all the parts donated to show whats out there and do some incognito advertising for those companies. No different other than the fact that we get to watch the mayhem of watching 5 guys thrash for 6 days to put a project together. They should either bump the budget up to 10grand and limit the overall use of freebies to make the workers have an extra degree of difficulty.