Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Monster Motorsports 700r4

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by grtwhite, Jul 15, 2003.

1. grtwhite

grtwhite 1/2 ton status

Has anyone used one of these rebuilt trannies or even heard of this company? A little sceptical after hearing about the Raptor. The Mega Monster 700R4 is built to withstand 675hp??? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.thmonster.com/index.html

Thanks! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. fad2blk99

fad2blk99 1/2 ton status

I haven't herd about that one, but I know first hand that they can be built strong... My bronter runs a 700r4 in his full-bodied '79 Trans-Am Draggster. He runs 315/50/15 BFG Drag T/A's on the back that he can blister at will(Sorry I don't have his ETs). His Torque and HP numbers are beyond 600....

3. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Warranty???

I looked but I did not see any specific warranty stated....or did I miss it?

4. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

what did u hear about the raptor? i was planning on getting one of these. the rapter jr accually. are their complaints floating around i havent heard?

5. nevercomplete

nevercomplete 1/2 ton status

Do a search. A member had a really bad run in with Raptor transmissions about a year or so ago.

Jon

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I thought I heard a couple memebers with bad experiences. If I remember one was on his third raptor in about as many years? I may be mistaken.

7. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

whoa, good thing i didnt jump on that purchase. my tranny is still holding on, hopeufully till the busy work season comes so i can accually afford one. now the GM tranny is lookin like a pretty good deal, with that 3yr/50,000 mile warranty. who here has one in there truck? does that warranty apply only if they install it? anyone know what they typically charge for the whole shebang? install and all?

8. nevercomplete

nevercomplete 1/2 ton status

9. funkycold

funkycold 1/2 ton status

I was looking for trannys on Ebay and found this place. Has anyone had any experience with them or heard of them?
    phoenixhardparts.com

10. funkycold

funkycold 1/2 ton status

Hey Jonny where in SA are you. I am also in SA.

/forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

11. Hardcore

Hardcore 1/2 ton status

Anybody runing the JET T700 700R4??? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

12. woody9

woody9 1/2 ton status

GM 700r4

Put one of the 3/50 GM 700R4's in my 91 sub back in 99... at around 100,000 miles or so... Have also added a cooler and gauge since then. Serviced annually (at least) and flushed every other year. Just now rolling over to 190,000 and no problems at all!
    Had a 3d party install it. Tranny as around $1350 or so if i recall, and total bill was a tad over $1700.
    May not be the best game in town, but sure has worked for me! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

funkycold,
    near 1st and Grand ... getto ville. moved here from costa mesa a couple yrs ago 4 work. hatin it. what about you?

hey woody,
    does the 3/50 warranty apply no matter who install's it? or does it have to be a shop or dealer.

14. 84K5cedric

84K5cedric 1/2 ton status

I can speak for http://700r4.com/ I got the level 3 and was able to save some cash by picking it up while in LA at vacation. The technical support is great (call em up and they'll walk you through any part of the install) and the 1 year warranty seemed fair enough considering they knew what i was going to be doing with it.