Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

MONSTER TRUCK transfercase question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by K5MONSTERCHEV, Sep 20, 2003.

1. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

Does anyone know what kind of t case is in a monster truck, and where I can find one??

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

none..they use V-Drives if i remember correctly... i believe its a boat thing originally and you can probably find one in a monster truck... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

They actually use a custom all gear drop unit that has about 24" of drop center line to center line and is machined from billet alluminum. The manuf. escapes me at the moment though...

Nevermind, here it is:

http://www.scsgearbox.com/truck.htm

4. K5MONSTERCHEV

Thanks for the link! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I wonder if I can find a used one? But thanks a lot man!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

We got some info up at the shop for one we may be getting for a show rig we may be building. I will try to find out this afternoon.[​IMG]

6. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Which kind of t-case are you looking for? The Pro-Fab chain drive or the good old regular Rockwell's?

If you check into the Rockwells, they are available in 2.5 and 5 ton. Also available are the air shift versions, too.

The Pro-Fab's are more the modern day monster trucks where weight reduction is a must. I would not use this for any other than racing because these types of t-cases are a single speed only. A direct 1 to 1 ration. If you check into the Rockwells, you have the options of low and high range just like shifting regular light duty trucks. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

7. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

Not to mention that they're a dime a dozen on Gov Liq.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. K5MONSTERCHEV

I honestly know very little about them, thats why im trying to find out some info. A 2 speed case would be cool, what do you mean about the rock well 2.5 and 5 ton? I wouldnt really want it too heavy. Oh whats Gov Liq? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

9. sdavid

sdavid 1/2 ton status

Made for a 2.5 ton truck or a 5 ton truck, most of our blazers have 1/2 ton transfer cases. Rockwell is the manufacturer.

Government Liquidation Sale. Usually an auction to try and get rid of old equipment the military used.