Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Montana, anyone?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MontanaLifted, Sep 3, 2002.

1. MontanaLifted

MontanaLifted 1/2 ton status

Anyone from Central Montana area that knows some good trails?

There are a few of us needing info. It's either that or I take my National Forestry maps and map out trails myself.
    It's tough trying to turn a full size pickup around on a two track trail in the mountains of Montana

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I wish I was. Does that count?

3. tsm1mt

tsm1mt Registered Member

I'm in Helena, and the Frontier 4-Wheelers would be happy to show you around down here. We'll be having our meeting tonight and we'll decide on the when n' where of our next trail ride.

Have you tried getting in touch with the Cascade County 4-Wheelers, located in Great Falls yet?

The Montana 4x4 Association's website is at http://www.m4x4a.org You should find some information there.

You just missed the 4x4 rally in Cascade this past weekend..

4. GONZO2

GONZO2 1/2 ton status

get in touch with the cascade county four wheelers, we're always glad to have another member. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif
    we have a trail ride scheduled for the 28th of sep /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
    check out the m4x4a.org website for trail ride info on local trail rides.
    i go by trailblazer on that site

5. dragricinMT

dragricinMT 1/2 ton status

I'm in Billings.Planning to go check out the Magic City 4wheelers. They seem like a nice group of people. If you find some good trails let me know. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

6. 85Jimmy

85Jimmy Registered Member

I'm from west of town, but sorry I dont know any good off-roading or trails. Chris

7. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

I dont know of any trails, but you guys that get to live in Montana suck /forums/images/icons/grin.gif Of course that is pure envy speaking there

8. MontanaLifted

What about all these two tracks and trails going up the buttes here in town? You guys ever get up any of those?
    I hear one of them is called 'Hill 51' named after Area 51.
    Some of them look pretty vertical.

I went hunting yesterday with a buddy of mine in his 78 Blazer. He took me out on some serious back country trails through the mountains south of here, Great Falls, down near Monarch. Pretty sweet up there.
    /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

9. MontanaLifted

Hey Gonzo!
    Yeah that's pretty funny. I was checking out your T/A today at the car show. Saw ya sittin' in the back of your Blazer. You've probably seen me around Base. I'm the guy with the lifted chocolate brown 77 Chevy Pickup.
    I really have to get some photos on here.

Anyway, we'll have to get together and wheel around sometime.
    I was thinking about setting up a 4X4 club here on Base next year.

10. 85Jimmy

85Jimmy Registered Member

Man I drive by those hills every day on my way to town, I have not gone up them yet but a friend of mine took his ford up there and said its pretty sweet. about hill51 I think the county just named it that for planning or zoning or something like that. There are also hill57 and hill69 just to name a couple. Later man, Chris /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

11. MontanaLifted

You might be right about the zoning thing but if you think about it:
    Hill 51- named after area 51
    Hill 69- Well for obvious reasons
    Hill 57- The number 57 is actually whats known as a "Karmisson" number. Yeah has to do with "Karma" and the whole Zen, Buddah, Hare-Krishna, religion.The number 57 Is supposed to hold a lot of power or some nonsense.

I really want to climb one and I think I'm going to give it a shot this weekend. A buddy of mine really bashed his Jeep bad up there a couple weeks ago. Some how he missed a gear and was rolling back down when he got a little off and ended up bashing his front drive shaft and front axle over a large rock. Needless to say he was out of commission for a couple of weeks. He was being stupid though, he had been up and down there a bunch of times.

A guy I work with has named one of those hills F#@k Mountain. WHenever he picks up a girl from the bar they cruize up the one behind Sams Club. The nice easy gravel road.