Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Montana Toads!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by dontoe, Aug 14, 2005.

1. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

An Invasion Of Biblical Proportions

[​IMG]

One woman says some lawns are so covered with them, it looks like the grass is moving.

Big Sandy, MT -- People are stepping carefully these days in Big Sandy, Montana, all because of the toads.

Thousands of toads the size of quarters are coating the southeast corner of the town. They appeared in the past few weeks.

One woman says some lawns are so covered with them, it looks like the grass is moving.

Another woman, Breezy Baumgarn, feels sorry for them. She says: "Poor little toads. Everyone keeps running them over. They have nowhere to go."

Streets in Big Sandy are said to be slick from tiny, smashed toads.

But not everyone sees them as just a nuisance. A few are collecting toads to sell them to pet stores. Others want to try them out as fish bait.

Link!

2. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

and others are just licking them :laugh:

and it looks a lot more like a frog then a toad:dunno:

3. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

Kick ass!!! I bet that's fun to mow the lawn :D

4. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

who's gonna go around kissin them, hopin to get lucky???... :thinking:
    :haha: :haha: :haha:

5. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

hmmm...strange!

I saw a small toad the other day in our shed I store bags of rubbish in until I get enough to justify a dump run!--first one I have seen in a LONG time!..he was eating maggots off one of the bags that split open and some garbage was oozing out of!(hmmmpphhh!) :eek1: ...

He stuck to the bag as I tossed it in my truck--I tried to catch him and toss him away from the truck,but he leaped to the front of the bed,and I said the heck with chasing him!--when I got to the dump 5 miles away,he was clinging to the top rail of my rucks bed!--then he jumped off,and leaped off into the unknown,to start a new life in the landfill..I wish him the best..!

Those "toads" DO look more like frogs than toads!--never saw a "green" toad,they are always brown around here..but toads dont have ears,and frogs do,and I dont see any ears on the one pictured,so it must be a toad!. :confused: --didn't they have a bunch of frogs with three legs and other weird mutations in minnesota a few years ago??..I remember reading something about that,they were blaming pesticides or some chemical for it..

I saw a box tortise this summer,first time in many years I saw one,and I think its the same one I've seen around here in past years before..must be a good year to be a reptile!..havent seen any snakes yet,and I wont be dissapointed if I dont either!.... :eek1: :eek1: :yikes: