Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Monteagle Questions?

Discussion in 'Blazin Trails' started by 74k5inVA, Mar 12, 2002.

1. 74k5inVA

74k5inVA 1/2 ton status

ok, I am trying to plan a trip to tennessee or North Carolina for this summer sometime and am not sure where to go. Tellico looks like it would be fun, but i don't know any info on monteagle or any other places that might be available. I can't find websites for them like tellico and paragon have. I want to be able to bring my blazer, and the others in my group would likely be driving a 4runner, cherokee, and a wrangler. I need to know a place that they can trail ride on too, but still be enough fun for my blazer, they are all on 31" tires and only the wrangler has a lift of any kind (body lift). I am putting my floorboard in this month and want to beat up the blazer before i order replacement fenders. what are good trails and where do i find info on them.

2. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Almost all the trails in the Monteagle area are private property and most of those trails are sanctioned for a lack of better words, to the Middle Tennessee Trail Runners club. You would almost, like as in 99% sure, have to know the land owner personally or get someone from the MTTR club to take you up there. I haven't experienced these people at Monteagle personally, but I have heard that they are a little on the "arrow don't shoot straight" path. Like those country type people you read about or see in the movies that you dont normally mess with. But that is just hear say. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif Drive up to Knoxville (or Oak Ridge) adn go wheelin at WindRock. Its $10 per day! and I believe its public.
    Do a search on "coalmining" and there is a site for this place.

3. 74k5inVA

74k5inVA 1/2 ton status

thanks, coal creek looks awesome! do you know if there is any camping around there? i would love to go camping and wheelin?

4. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Yeah you got that right on the arrow deal. My club has tried for 2 years to do a club ride up there. both times MTTR had to ask us not to come. One time was because of a Fuede going on. Just think of deliverence when your in that area LOL.