Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Montgomery Gentry...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Jul 26, 2004.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Looks like he's having a temper tantrum when he sings /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Oh well , their " My Town " CD is some of the best music of any genre in a long time /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

Pop Country /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

4. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

he is a they,LOL

5. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    he is a they,LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup as in Eddie Montgomery & Troy Gentry. I've seen them three times, once from 3rd row in a small club in Colorado Springs. Great on concert!!

They're one of my favorite groups. They are getting ready to do another cruise trip/show. Last year's ran out of Jim Beam /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Apparently, they've been guaranteed that won't happen again /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

6. pauly383

[ QUOTE ]
    Pop Country

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you listened to the tracks radio doesn't play ? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

7. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

No, I haven't, just hearing what they have on the radio didn't persuade me to spend $15 on one of thier CDs. Granted, they probably do have some good songs, I just don't like how mainstream country music sounds. Being that I am from Texas, I listen pretty much to 'Texas' Country; which isn't mainstream at all. Anyone outside of Texas rarley hears their music. Some singer/song writers do break out. For example, Pat Green and Cross Canadian Ragweed (even though they are from Oklahoma...) To quote one of my favorite Texas Country singers, Cory Morrow... "Nashville Sucks"

8. pauly383

I could send you a track or two to change your mind . I am loving the whole album , definitely doesn't sound like most newer country , which is all girl movie soundtrack stuff . I mostly listen to older stuff , or newer stuff by the older guys . I do like this album though . I'd listen to "break my heart again" or "scarecrow" before writing these guys off /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

BTW wheeling Saturday night in my truck it was in order : Pantera , Alabama , Dwight Yoakum , Aaron Tippin , hank Jr , John Conley , Jeery Reed , Waylon " Luckenbach texas " " Dukes Theme ", Chris Ledoux , Early Garth , then drove home to Alan Jackson . Listened to the Black Crowes on the way to work today , and probably listening Oak Ridge Boys , Social Distortion or Eddie Rabbit on the way home tonight

9. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

And you never mentioned Jerry jeff walker???// /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

Not bad, I'll see if I can DL some of their songs and see what I think. BTW, good taste in music /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

11. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I can't leave him out... I went and saw him in concert in Austin on the 4th. It was a great concert and JJW put on a good show

12. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

The my town video was filmed in my neck of the woods where I grew up as a kid up close to Harrisburg KY. They show the sign at the end of the video but I don't recognize the town tey were in. "H@LL YEAH"

13. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Chris Ledoux

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, his daughter is a hottie... I met her tonight at the hotel /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif he and his wife were around there somewhere at the desk, but I was too busy checkin out the daughter /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

Kinda cool... He doesn't perform here very often, but he's been coming out for Frontier Days every year for the last 10 years at least, just to come... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif and they stay in the regular person cheapest rooms in the house too if anyone's wondering what kind of accomodations they like...

14. pauly383

He's coming our way soon too , think I will get tickets and surprise the wife /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

15. pauly383

[ QUOTE ]
    and they stay in the regular person cheapest rooms in the house too if anyone's wondering what kind of accomodations they like...

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds about right for someone who actually sings about what they have done ( 1976 Champion Bronc Buster ) /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif