Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

MOO Half Doors?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 74k5inVA, Oct 17, 2002.

1. 74k5inVA

74k5inVA 1/2 ton status

Anybody know if they are being produced yet?

2. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Going out on a limb here... Yes they are. Check his site for more information.

www.mo-offroad.com

3. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

$475 sounds pretty high for a kit /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif considering you still have to do all the fab work.

4. MJF

MJF 1/2 ton status

That's waht I was thinking, but I'm a cheap a$$. I figure for $475, you should be shipping me some doors already cut & finished off, not a cardboard cut-out to show me where to cut my doors.

5. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

i would think so too!

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    The introductory price for the complete kit is only $475.00.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow...i guess that means it is going to go up at some point /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

6. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

not bad....I have a set of doors on the side of the house that still open and close.....umm...if I only had the time???
    <font color="red"> LETS GO ANGLES </font color>

7. I checked these out at Indy this year and talked to Steve about them. I really like the design of these. You maintain a window that you can unzip and roll up, keep zipped to keep the cold and rain out or pull the entire window/frame off and go with just the cut doors. Now the price is one of those things you gotta step back and say hmmmm can I design and build them or have them built any cheaper? I would love to have a set, but $475 is pretty steep for my budget. AS far as having them in stock, I believe he is wanting to get 20 people requesting them and then he will make them or they wouldn't be cost effective. Steve isn't some big 4x4 fab shop like Avalanche guys, he is just trying to turn out some quality parts and sell them for what he has too.

8. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

I agree, they should ship complete ready to go doors for that price...well ok, maybe not LOL, just seems high.

9. 74k5inVA

74k5inVA 1/2 ton status

aree with you here since i suck at fab work, but wondering what a set of new doors and windows for a jeep would cost and keep in mind they are massed produced. my bet is somewhere around 300 just for the windows, maybe more and at least 100 for each door. 475 not bad considering you get the window part and all of the conversion parts, and that they are bigger, requiring more material than a jeep door would. appears to be a reasonable price.

10. 85m1009

85m1009 1/2 ton status

I priced the door kits as low as I possible could and still produce a quality product. I could make them as complete doors which for certifit door shells would add $225.00 including the labor to cut them down. The problem lies in shipping a door and it showing up undamaged to your door. Don't forget the $475.00 also includes a new interior door panel to cover up the unsightly hole. The Jeep doors do not even get close to mine in price and I am sure they mass produce theirs.

11. GMslave

GMslave 1/2 ton status

NOT to flame you or anything guy, but this keeps crackin me up </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    LETS GO ANGLES

[/ QUOTE ] Which angle would like to go at?

12. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

Damnit, your not suppose to read this stuff /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I can understnad that you have to make money at what you do, its pretty basic economics. I am just a cheap bastard who would sacrifice his own doors to the sawzall gods and hope it worked out in the end /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

And your right, door panels are pricey just for cheapo replacements.

13. 74k5inVA

74k5inVA 1/2 ton status

hey steve, I probably asked this before but have you put any thought into making a quick release system for these doors. I really want a pair, but would want to take them off for wheeling trips.

14. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

Well, the thing that I see with 4WD type fabricators is that they are there for the guys that dont want to be bothered to make thier own or have someone make them. These are the guys that ORD, Avalanche, MOO, etc sell to. Even the bigger shops like Smittybilt etc. Face it, anyone can find a local fab welding shop and have a bumper made, prolly cheaper than one bought from a shop. Look at ORDs stuff. Simple to make. A little costly, but they cater to the folks that cant be bothered to put any more effort into thier stuff. The shackle flip... a bit of effort will get you the front hangers off a pickup for prolly less than 10.00, and they work just as good. The 'zero rate leafs'... you know they are just blocks with a hole in them, but people buy them to save time and effort. Hey thats what free enterprise is all about! Its the job of the site to give options to the guys that cant afford to buy it. So, heres an option... check my doors out. I had a extra set of doors layin around. I stripped them down, and cut them. I built a frame and sewed a soft door onto it. I can unzip and roll the window down, or remove the upper soft part completely. Also, they use the same hinges and latch as the stock door so it works great. And if I want them off completely I only left 2 bolts in each hinge to remove them. Shrug, it wasnt tough, so if you think the price is too high for the kits, make your own!

Mike