Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

moog part # for outer tie rod and torque specs? also header question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by muddbogg89, Sep 29, 2002.

1. muddbogg89

muddbogg89 Registered Member

Just got done doing ball joints,axle u joints 2in frt springs,shocks and headers for the first time(me and the truck).Its been quite an experence.As I was putting the tie rod in I decided to replace the end.Went to the part store....after 15 min of looking in the book he gives me the one that goes on the steering arm,I need the outer(that goes on the tie rod) what is the part # for moog?

also what are the torque specs for the sleeve?

Header question, I put in flow tech headers,and they come about 1/4in from the oil filter,is this normal?It can't be good right? <font color="brown"> </font color> should I get one of those oil filter relocater kits?

thanx everyone for your help on my earlier posts /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

2. muddbogg89

Anybody remember that part number from when you did you're tie rod ends.
    I'm really tired if getting parts from an 1989 pickup or s-10 blazer.

3. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

I'm kind of confused by your post. Did the parts store give you a draglink end? (from steering box to steering arm) Or, the wrong end for your tie-rod? (long rod in front of axle, connecting the two knuckles)
    If the tie rod is what you need, I think I have the part numbers for you. Assuming the Parts-Hut that I go to uses manufacturer numbers, the Moog #'s are as follows: The long end is DS893. Short end is ES2011R. Adjusting sleeve is ES2012S.
    Torque the adjusting sleeve bolts to 35 ft. lbs.
    Header problem; I'd relocate the filter. 1) That heat is heating up the oil, which will thin it more and hinder its cooling ablilities. 2) Do you really want to have to smell the oil burn off the header each time you change your filter?
    Hope I covered all of your questions to your satisfaction.

4. muddbogg89

Thanks, I got the right part today(I brought the old one in this time). Now the Blaze is off to have some exhaust and an alignment done.I can't wait to feel the difference /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif