Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Moon Landing

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TSGB, Nov 26, 2005.

?

Moon Landings

1. I know they were real.

53 vote(s)
    72.6%
  2. I know they were faked.

8 vote(s)
    11.0%
  3. I'm undecided, and as such, nekkid.

12 vote(s)
    16.4%
  1. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

Who thinks they were real, who thinks they were faked, and also...

Why?

2. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

3. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

I'll have to wait until I get to my aunt's to hit that link, she has DSL. Can you summarize it?

Off topic, I feel nauseous.

4. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I don't want to spoil it... but they are filming the landing and some lighting falls on Neil.

5. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

And what makes you think that that fake filming was'nt faked itself by non-believers in a desperate attempt to prove themselves right?

6. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

exactly

what seems more real in the 60 they sofistocatidly faked a project just to make them selves "seem" to beat the russans, or that later with tech avalable to ever 13 year old some one faked 20 seconeds of video, and selected a few photos that at first glance dont look quite right, and then twist the truth to have them fit your needs.

7. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Fake? Where does this type of paranoia come from. I have to think up a good conspiracy theory so I can sell books and retire. ;)

8. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

You can tell that was made by someone else. The voice isn't even Neil's. Besides, tell an astronaut that went on these things that it was fake, and get punched in the face...not kidding either, that happened...

9. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Without a big discussion on whether its real or fake , I do have question .

Why , with todays better technology , is there an international space station in space , and no one has touched the moon since the last time ?

Shouldn't there be moon colonies by now , and people working and studying on the moon ?

We have the technology to go , computers are smaller , we can pack more stuff into the same sized lander now , right :D

10. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

The governmemts been too busy working on the weather generator so that the republicans and bush can hit the dems with hurricanes.

11. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

hey that is my book!!!!!!

ok but i got the space shuttle causes earthquake one!!!!!!!

12. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Take a poll of the American public on how many think NASA is a complete waste of funding. You'll have your answer.

13. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

NASA is considered a low budget priority. Coming from the space exploration era it's incredibly disappointing to see what little progress has been made.

Until they build a Galactic Wal-mart or we are threatened by Marslims don't expect too see much interest.

14. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

They probably could as long as they did'nt use a microsoft opperating system.
    :laugh:

15. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I opted "I know", but I really don't, I've never really looked into the conspiracy theory beyond the occasional discovery channel special on it. It raises some interesting points, but I don't know if enough to be really compelling.
    On the other hand, my education on the event is so public-school-textbook that it very well could have been faked and I would feel the same about it's truth. I think the fact that it's being called a conspiracy and a fake so far after the event, with so little period-criticism (unless I'm wrong and there is scrutiny from then), deflates a lot of the conspiracy theory. Although, that's not necessarily a fair standard to use against it's credibility...There may be legit reasons it took a long time to come out. I'm not completely buying it.

The whole Apollo 13 fiasco (which would have been extremely difficult to fake), even if disastrous, proved we could get something up there and pretty damn close to the moon.

Pauly does make a good point, though. Why an international space station, yet no permanent structure on the moon? For all the work that went into creating a free-space orbiting habitat, it may have been easier to create something on the moon.
    The only two reasons I can think of would be that they can't control the moon's position or orbit, while they can control a free-floating station's; and it may be easier to dock the shuttle to a free-floating station than to land it and seal it to the lunar base. I don't know much about what's involved, so those are just my two highly uneducated guesses at obstacles, there may be more, or they may be smaller obstacles than others in having a space station...

16. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

aww crap where did i leave my tin foil helmet

17. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

-IN 1943, ROOSEVELT AND CHURCHILL ESTABLISHED CONCENTRATION CAMPS IN THE RURAL USA AND BRITAIN, USING "VOLUNTEERS" THEY TRICKED INTO SHOWING UP. THEY STARVED THEM AND DOCUMENTED EVERYTHING KNOWING THAT THEY NEEDED SOME HEAVY DUTY EVIDENCE TO DESTROY THE REPUTATION OF THE 3RD REICH.

-JACK RUBY WAS SCREWING JACKIE KENNEDY. JFK FOUND OUT AND ORDERED A HIT ON HIS WIFE. THE BULLET ACCIDENTALLY HIT HIM. A BROKEN HEART CAUSED JACK RUBY TO KILL THE ALLEDGED ASSASSIN.

-THE RUSSIAN INVASION OF AFGHANISTAN NEVER HAPPENED. IT WAS MADE UP BY THE CIA AND ALL THE FOOTAGE OF THE WAR WAS FAKED. RUSSIAN SOLDIERS WERE KIDNAPPED AND BRAINWASHED INTO BELIEVING THEY HAD ACTUALLY BEEN IN COMBAT.

Just in case some of you needed more to chew on.........:deal:

I made those up in 3 minutes. If I spent some time and actually threw a little fact and supposition into the mix to support my claims, it would be next to impossible to 100% disprove any of them. In fact, the wilder the claim, the EASIER it is to "prove" it's legitimacy.

They're called conspiracy THEORIES for a reason.

18. dogdaysunrise

dogdaysunrise 1/2 ton status

I'd be careful with what you say Paul, the black Denali's are rolling up to your house as we speak now... ;)

19. dodgedude99

dodgedude99 1/2 ton status

i would vote for Fake as well.
    we havent been "back" since, but just think with all the CGI now, how good it would look today.

all those millions being wasted on Nasa could be funneled to something more productive.

and as far as Roosevelt having Concentration Camps, thats actually sorta true, the US had Eugenics laws way before the Nazis started it.

20. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

In the realm of science, a theory is accepted fact. In normal society, it is a guess...