Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

moon roof

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by NEK5, Jun 25, 2006.

1. NEK5

NEK5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

anyone ever think of putting one in the fiberglass top?

2. George_Pimpdaddy

George_Pimpdaddy 1/2 ton status

me id love too thought about it alot but always more to do

3. 89K5guy

89K5guy 1/2 ton status

Not a bad idea there.I had an oversized moon roof in my 79 K5(cab) and with the top off and the moon roof pulled out it was sooooo cool:D .I wonder though if it would be better just to go ahead and buy a soft top:confused:
    Anyway ,if you decide to put one in your hard top post some pics!

4. 1985_K5_Silverado

1985_K5_Silverado 1/2 ton status

No offense intended, but for a guy that wants to reduce their K5 fuel expenses, you sure come up with a lot of upgrade project ideas that would just burn up the money. I was the same way two or three decades ago (when we were about the same age) with muscle cars - I couldn't afford to do many things that I wanted to do, but I could burn every dollar I had on smaller projects, because even a few hundred bucks just burned a hole in my pocket. I'd try and figure out the next idea of the day and set off to spend what I was going to get paid in a few days.

Eventually I got to where I would forget about the small nickel and dime projects, just save up the cash, then blow it on bigger projects. I still spent the money, but avoided doing the OHOHOH I COULD DO THIS OR THAT OR MAYBE EVEN THIS with three different ideas every few days, but it was like an overwhelming desire to spend every damn dime I had, as fast as I got it.:doah:

5. NEK5

NEK5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

well i already have a moon roof that i got for free so i `m just wondering if it would be worth installing?

6. garlicbreath

garlicbreath 1/2 ton status

C'mon, admit it, you feel this way because there is just no places there to spend money once a week!!!:haha: J/K

I have a sunroof in my 71 hardtop, came with it. It is nice, doesn't leak, and the glass comes out if you need to stick your head out and spot for yourself. I have always liked them. Good installs with lots of patience leads to leak free fun. But remember, if your paranoid, they make it easier for the mothership to probe yer ass!:haha: