Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Moon-Roof

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Eric, Apr 4, 2000.

1. Eric

Eric Registered Member

Thinking of installing a moon roof into my 86K5. Has anyone tried this? Where do I get one, how easy is it to install and what should I expect?

Is this a bad idea?

Thanks

Eric
    86 K5 Blazer

2. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Not sure if I understand you, but a "moon roof" to me is a powered sunroof that slides back into the body of the roof, opening up the moon portion to be an open air unit. You could do this on an S-10 Blazer (no removable top), but not on a K5. Seems there is NO room for the moon unit to slide back into. A normal, flip open sunroof is an alternative, I have a 36 x 15 one on my 79 that I love.

'79 - 406 w/IROC TPI - K5#5 - a <font color=orange>sickness[​IMG] <font color=blue>you never get enough of!! [​IMG]

3. Maybe it's the kind that retracts up and slides back. If it is, I guess it would work but it'll cost a pretty penny. I heard that if you want it done right, take it somewhere where they know what they are doing. I know someone that had pep boys install his and they totally screwed it up.(why pep boys?) Just go to any custom shop and ask, I'm shure theres a bunch of different types. Oh, make shure you get a good waranty with it, you never know what might happen.

<font color=red>ABO</font color=red>

4. BlueKnight

BlueKnight 1/2 ton status

I saw it done once on a red and white K5 but they did it to the top not the cab portion of the vehicle