Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

MOOSE hit by car,lands inside !!..

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by diesel4me, Mar 19, 2006.

1. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Anyone see the footage of the MOOSE that a lady hit in my old hometown of Leominster MA??..it was a 500 lb "baby",she struck it,and it went thru her windsheild,and landed upright in the passenger seat !!-:eek1: -luckily no one was with her,and she escaped injury..the had to cut the roof off her car to get the moose out..it had to be eithenized sadly..:crazy: ...weird stuff!...

2. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I knew a guy in Pennsy that that happened to with a deer... broke his jaw....

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I'd have been not so pissed if they would let me keep the meat.I can almost guarentee that thing ended up in a land fill.

4. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

They give you first dibs..

Here,if you hit and kill a deer,you have first dibs on the meat!..but its up to YOU to remove the carcass,and you cant just gut it there and leave the stuff of course..not sure about MOOSE!..one got killed about 2 miles from my house about a year ago,first one ever spotted this far south in MA!..I swear I saw it in my back woods not long before it got hit one night,I was taking a whizz behind my shop and something HUGE ran into the woods.!:eek1:

Many deer that get hit here and are not "claimed" by the one who struck it get passed on to a friend of the motorist who's a hunter,etc...if no one wants it the police officer usually knows someone who does,or they have a highway department guy transport it to one of the local prisons near here,and they have venison for a few days!..:laugh: ..not too often do they just toss it in a landfill here,unless its suspected of being diseased..:crazy:

5. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

ok cool, even if alot of the meat was bruised, still using what wasn't is a good thing.

6. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

The lady driving is lucky to be alive, not only by not getting the moose in her lap, but also by the moose flailing around trying to get out...