Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

More 4 wheel parts garbage

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by surpip, Mar 31, 2005.

1. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

So i orderd my tires, last week, they said they would behere middle of this week, So i take the week off from work to get some stuff done on my truck(thanks alot Joe for all your help), and they dont show up, no call from fedex to scedule delivery, so i call back, now the date is pushed back to friday :mad: (tomorrow) so I call the delivery place(wich has now been changed to Ole' Dominian freight), and they say not till the 5th, so now im pissed, :angry1: :angry1: i call 4wheel, and they are like well i dont know why they told you that, some people have had these tires on order for months bla bla, and finally he credits me half of the mount and balance.

God i hate dealing with these stupid people.... :mad: :mad:
    Should i call better business bureau???

Stuff like this is just ****ty
    1700 evan for 4 42x14r17 IROK's did i really get a good deal?

ARRGH stuff like this and my perpetually leakin rear axle really make me loose alot of motovation to work on my truck :(

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i paid under $1k for my 39.5 TSLs... didn't know the 42" iroks were THAT much more. That 1700 include some rims or something?

j

3. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Hate to say this but ....Timmay(whispering) quoted me $1325 to my door for the 42/14/16.5 iroks. But he did say that it takes a while because they are in big demand. Sometimes a 3 month wait. TLS in the same size, same price would ship that day.

4. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

Ya i got the same quote from timmay, but he turened into a ass in IM after he got banned, so f-him

Jek, no it's not with rims, just tires, warenty, and mount and balance.
    After reading the 4WP thread im kinda wishing i diddent get the warrenty though

5. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

The warranty thing is hit and miss I think. FWP had a 38" SX warrantied at 4WPW awhile back. They started to give him grief but the manager or someone made it right. Hope for the best and expect the worst.

Harley

6. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

I think with companies like that you have to go in with the "I wont be pushed around" attitude and mostly they will come through, I just dont like beeing a dick to people to get what i rightly deserve, i wish more people would just do the right thing in the first place :(

7. white-rhyno

white-rhyno 1/2 ton status

That sucks tim was being an ass to you, he got a me killer deal on some 42x15 tsl's. BUT 1700 HUNDRED DOLLARS seems like alot.

8. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

:mad: Okay I have been on this board longer than most. I bought my stuff from ORD in 99. i was on this when it was a list in 97 or 98. I posted on more than once that I work at 4wp. I have offered discounts and all but few have taken me up on the deal. I have not had any bad dealings with anyone on this site. yea some of the people at 4wp are morons. so what. They are like that in any business. Don't expect stuff on your door next day when they offer free freight or charge very little for it. I usually dropship tires for 29.99-39.99 anywhere. And the tire warranty well 10 % of the tires is what they offer. Yes the salesman make a percent of that :cool1: BUT at our store we have never done anyone wrong on that deal while I've been there. We warrenty about 10-20 a month for all kinds of reasons. Its like this say the tires are 1000.00 well I put 100.00 for tire warrenty on the ticket. You don't want it it comes off. If we are trying to put a good deal together i cut the tire warrenty down first. You still get the rotate and balance I just reduce the price. Its salesman call on that. As far as shipping. If you order something from me and its not in one of the 47 stores or warehouse. I can't garauntee when you would get it. If it comes from one of the stores I know we have it and its good. Vendors screw use all the time. Man its sucks when someone like Rancho or others say they have it and then when you order it they don't and its on B/O. Now I look like the ass trying to explain to the customer. Its a pain in the ass trust me.

9. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

Super Swamper IROK
    Product # SSTI-816
    MSRP: $416.99
    $1,299.96
    Lifetime No Questions Asked Tire Warranty $129.96
    Tire Crating and Handling Fee $30.00
    You save: $368.00

Subtotal: $1,459.92

This straight off the webpage :confused: $1700

10. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

well this is the store in SAC. Imnot baggin on you, mabye its just this tore, i have had problem with them before. But when the guy says it will be here by friday and its not, especially when i took the week off work to get this crap done, Ya im a little pissed off, If you dont have them in stock and you are ordering them than say"it will be here in a cupple of week's, we will know the date a little better when it gets closer to delivery" Dont say somethin when it isent going to happen, A little honesty goes along way.

11. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

Most guys want the SALE. I try to be honest. I wouldn't want that to happen to me

12. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

Ya i dont have the invoice yet so i cant see the breakdown, but he only charged me 20 bucks for the mount and balance, so im not shure where the rest of the charge came from :confused:

13. suthrnchvyguy89

suthrnchvyguy89 Registered Member

i know this is kinda off topic but are yall saying that the vendor tim with the olive drab truck get banned from this site? if so why?

14. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

why are they charging you mounting and balancing if you not geting rims?

15. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

Because i am bringing the rims to them to get it all mounted and balanced

16. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

oh I see.

17. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

:eek: :eek:

Damn Dale...When it raines it pours I guess. :(

No more talk of not workin on your junk though. We made ALOT of progress on it yesterday. If you can find a van housing for your truck at Pick N Pull, or some other housing, bring it back up here and we'll swap your gears and stuff into the new housing and stick the axle under your truck in time for the Frank Raines run. I've done that so many times i can almost do it in my sleep now. Like I said before, my shop/tools/driveway is always open to ya. Lemme know doooooooooood!

As far as the tires....Are the TSL's an option?

18. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

Well now they are supposed to be here on monday, as for frank rains, i wont have any time to hit up the yards this week, we have stuff going on at work, i wont have any time to work on the truck, so i think i might be out :mad:

19. atk1142

atk1142 Registered Member

I too have lost faith in 4wpw. I just bought my 36x13x16 TSL's from them. For a complete set, with mount and balance, I was quoted a price of $1055. The price for the same four tires out the door was $800! When asked, the guy on the phone said they charge $20 per tire for mount and balance. Somehow their math doesn't add up.

20. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

I've had mixed results from 4WP over the years, but most of it positive. However, I think a lot of it depended on my relationship with the shop. I got to know the manager, and the asst. manager. They had a tiered discount system, not sure if they still do, with 1-2 levels of customer discount, then employee discounts. The manager always gave me almost employee cost. The work they did for me was always good and I never felt ripped off. Parts came in at a reasonable time. However, over the last few years those folks left, I moved out of the area, and now I go in only occasionally. I just got my new rims through a local tire shop via 4WP. It took forever for the rims to make it to my shop. This was after the guy at 4WP telling my tire shop they didn't make the rim in 16x10. My tire guy insisted they did. I finally had to log onto the Internet, copy down the rim part number, and give it to my guy to call in. Then they found it. We are talking some simply 16x10 steel rims (Series 97 PCW97-6181).

If you know what you want though, they will usually beat anybody elses prices. I view them now kind of like Fry's Electronics. I never go in until I've thoroughly doing my homework and know exactly what I want. If you have to ask questions, you get the blank stare, then the employee picks up the box, reads it, and quotes the back of it to you. Hell, I can do that too....