Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

more 6.2 questions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BIGCHEVY4X, Jul 21, 2005.

1. BIGCHEVY4X

BIGCHEVY4X Registered Member

What is the temp. gauge supposed to read in an 82 6.2 The 2 trucks i have been in only go up to 1/4 doing 65 on the freeway for a few minutes. Is this normal?

Also what is the round thing above the alternator? It has a hose going from the oil fill tube to this round thing and then 2 hoses comming off it going to the intake crossover. Im not sure what this thing is supposed to do but mine sucked oil up out of the tube and blew it down into my intake.

2. 74757685k5

74757685k5 1/2 ton status

my 82 k-10 6.2 temp gauge rides just below 1/2 all the time.except long hills i have the 700r4 3.42s w/35s od is rare.don't know about the other thing .never noticed till you said somthin about it.

3. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Looks like a mushroom??

That "mushroom" dewhickey on the passenger side valve cover is the "Crankcase Depression Regulator"--It sends blow-by back to the intake to re-burn it in the engine,much like a PCV valve does on a gas motor...

There isn't much you can do with it except replace it--it has a diaphram inside,so dont wash it in gas or carb cleaner--it'll kill it!..
    My 6.2 runs just a hair under 1/2 way on the temp gauge too..

:crazy: