Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

More 9 year old rock star chit...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by chevyfumes, Jun 16, 2006.

1. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

So we take the 17 year old out for his B-day to Red Robin (for those that dont know, it's a fancy burger joint) and they have all the gear and pics on the walls and ceiling. Well there was a pic of Einstien with his tongue sticking out, my boy says,,,"Is that Gene Simmons from KISS???" cracked us all up, then theres a pic behind me of an older black man, only you can't see anything but half his face because of a plant thats right in front of the pic. So the boy asks me "Is that BB King", hell I don't know, so I move the plant aslide and guess what the old man's resting his head on????

The neck of "Lucile"....:doah: :D

2. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

that's a pretty generous statement. i like it, but it doesn't compare to a mcmenamins or something. :D i guess that's a different class tho.

on my first date with my wife i took her to see BB King when i was living down in AZ. that was pretty sweet. she didn't know who BB King was :rolleyes:. hmmm, if she were awake i'd ask her who owned a guitar named lucile. :D

3. theperfectgarage

theperfectgarage 1/2 ton status

I tell ya Fumes, that boy is something else. I think its way cool that your behind him on his music. I started playing guitar at about 9, my parents encoureged me to do what I liked.
    I hit the road at 19 and had a hell of a time for 22 years and made a pretty good living. Had some lean times too, but never had a day job. Of course theres a dark side to the life, but raise him right and he can rise above it.
    pm me if you ever want to talk serious about the music business.

4. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

A guy I worked with once helped setup a BB King concert. BB King's roady pulled up in a big moving van and asked for some help. All the other guys told Matt to go and they'd be along in about an hour or so.

Matt wasn't to happy about the prospect of unloading a whole truck all by himself. When the roady opened up the back of the truck there was a pig amp and Lucille. That's it.

Semi-humorous story.

5. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

smart boy.that is cool:bow: your a lucky man. FUMES