Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

more AT&T cable internet rant.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gotmud?, Apr 22, 2002.

1. gotmud?

gotmud? 1/2 ton status

I've had line issues since last sept. with my internet service(have had the cable guy out at least 6 times for this problem so the other day I come home and turn on the modem and guess what...no friggin service! so I call AT&T and tell them I'm having problems with my service and I've had outside line problems since last sept. could you please send sombody out here. conversation goes somthing like this...Me: yea I've had you guy's out here like 6 times for the same problem could you please send a line-man out here? AT&T:well I'm sorry sir but we have to try a power cycle first(there standard answer for all problems) ME:(while sitting on the throne nowhere near my computer)OK it's unplugged now. AT&T: OK now wait 30 secs. and plug it back in. ME:(still sitting on the throne)OK I just plugged it back in and it still don't work! now will you send somebody out here? AT&T:OK sir cause I still can't see your modem. ME:(under my breath) NO SH*T!...so then they send some tech guy that checks a few things on my computer and he says its a line problem that they have to send a line-man out! I says to the tech guy no sh*t I told your company that a week ago!/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif/forums/images/icons/mad.gif

2. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

been there done that and told them to go f-themselves and went with pac bell DSL and havent looked back

3. Nitrodrip350

Nitrodrip350 1/2 ton status

OKAY I work for ATT broadband Internet. Can you tell me what other way do you think we should troubleshoot a modem that isn't online?! Maybe you should open it up and take it apart! If your modem isn't online you have to try to gain Block Sync (connectivity), believe it or not we know what we are doing. If you know what to do better then us fix it yourself. ATT doesn't give us the ability to just send someone out if a customer requests it. If we did why would you call in for help, every time you have a problem we can just send someone out...right? I can't believe that our field techs have come out and screwed up your connection 6 times! That's nuts, I would be crazy mad but don't let the tech go until it's fixed, don't bitch about how bad the Customer Care is because we're not the one fixing the hardware. We can fix your computer if the modems online, but it's damn hard to troubleshoot hardware.

If you need help give me your number and I'll check on your account tomorrow and get it fixed.

Shane-

4. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> Offering to help you out himself ! Now that's service !!!!!!!! Way to go !

5. gotmud?

gotmud? 1/2 ton status

It's not a hardware issue and they know this, they have told me that there having line problems in my area everytime they have been here! they say there is to much noise in the line and it could be coming from hundreds of sources. they say there's basicly nothing they can do until they find where it's coming from. I don't believe I said the field techs screwed up my connection 6 times. my bitch is that they know the issue I'm having and every time I loose connectivity it goes back to the line issue. so why the hell should I not be getting a little pissed off when theres a known issue and I've done this power cycle a hundred times and it never does anything?you would be be running a little short on patience too! this has been going on since last sept.

6. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

we have that type of problem with cox at home cable net. They cant ever get their story straight.

7. Nitrodrip350

Nitrodrip350 1/2 ton status

That's a Hardware issue, again I can troubleshoot a software issue (programs, browsers, email problems) but anything with the physical connection (modem not online, Line broken, network outages) has to have a physical tech to come out. What I ment buy saying 6 techs have come out and screwed up your connection I mean that havn't fixed it yet right? Also you may know that this happends before but it doesn't mean who your calling knows this, we check for outages, and check to see if the modem is online, if it isn't we try to powercycle the modem to see if it refreshes. There is no way Customer Care can tell that it is a line problem, unless there is an outage. Then that's were out field techs come in. Did they say that they were sending a line tech out?