Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

more brake problems..

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by XHitman396, Aug 8, 2004.

1. XHitman396

XHitman396 1/2 ton status

so after fixing the rear drum delimma, my front autozone pads have been squealling miserably for a few weeks, and they're pretty new, so i got pissed and decided to change them. but before i did, my right front brake has been intermittently applying pressure by itself, ill be driving down the road, and it'll apply, pulling the wheel to the right, so i turn it left so i dont fly off the road, then it lets off, and i swerve hard left almost into the other lane. this is dangerous, and i hate it, could it be my power steering? i replaced the pads with wagnor thermo quiets, so now they dont squeal, but still pulls, anyone know anything about this?? how to fix it?? thanks..

2. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

It applies pressure without pressing the brake pedal?

The truck is possessed, burn it.

3. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

Replace the flex hoses and re-install the calipers using silicone dielectric grease on all of the wear/contact points btwn the caliper and the caliper bracket.

4. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Bad brake caliper. Had one go south on me a month ago. Became almost undrivable. Replace them both. $16 or so from O'reilly's w/ the old cores.

John