Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

More busted U-joints again....found the problem!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BLzr4x4ngkid, May 22, 2000.

1. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

Well guys, I found the u-joints in the rear driveshaft busted again. This is twice in less than 3 weeks. I wasn't too pleased. Instead of screwing with the guys that have been putting them in, I drove down to our local driveline shop, who also extended my driveshaft, and bought some stout greaseablt u-joints. When we pulled the old ones out......low and behold there was NO grease in them at all. They were the greaseable types and they were blue, because they got so hot. I'm going down to the place tomorrow and I'm going to whoop some A$$!! That's what happened the last time. With the new driveshaft I didn't think that I would go through them that fast, but we found the problem. Later

Alex
    Wichita, KS
    What me get stuck? NEVER!!(Famous last words)

2. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

It sounds like thoes guy do not know what they are doing.
    It also sounds like they own you some GREEN STUFF!

Go prepared
    90 k5 soon to be big, bad, and mean

3. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

YES SIR!!!

Alex
    Wichita, KS
    What me get stuck? NEVER!!(Famous last words)

4. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

WOW!! that is crazy[​IMG]!!
    That type or 3rd party work is the MAIN reason why I try to do ALL the work to my rig! I would be in there faces with the blued parts in hand demanding both recipts you have be refunded and I wouldn't leave until I got my $$ back. Then on the way out if the have a lawn in the front do a big posi burn out on the lawn!![​IMG]

Rock ON![​IMG] 72 K5 [​IMG] Led Zeppelin

5. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

When you work on your own vehicle there is only one person to blame, when you go to a shop, the blame just continues down the line. I'm no pro, my wife and neighbors can attest to that. I've made my share of mistakes (repairng one now to the tune of 600.00) but it makes me appreciate my BLAZER all the more bcos of it.

creepin and crawlin
    Jim

6. Oil Man

Oil Man Registered Member

Blzr4x4ngkid,
    The best grease is from LE and it's called Almagard 3752. It has a 540 deg temp range and it's made in your back yard, cause LE is in Wichita KS. You can put some on your work bench and hit it with a hammer and it will stay there and not splatter like other greases will. The cost is $6.95 per tube and can be purchased from Mag-Hytec at 1-818-786-8325.

Sincerely, Kevin