Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

More cage questions.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Dieselmh, Dec 15, 2003.

1. Dieselmh

Dieselmh 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I know this gets posted to death, but I've been reading the old posts for a while this morning and am finding a few dead links and some not so good pics. I'm hauling my blazer to the local race shop thursday for a roll cage install, and am looking for some good pics to get ideas from. It's a first gen K5, and I've already decided that I was a full cage that will protect the back seat, as well as a cross bar to mount my harnesses to. I am going to install my new Corbeau seats in it using wooden blocks to get the height and position correct, then have the shop install bars across the floor to permanently mount the seats to. What I'm mainly looking for is pics of different style full cages. I want it to look decent, but I'm not sure what to tell the guy. I don't want some ugly ass square cage that looks like it was built in my driveway, but I also want it to be functional. I'm definately going to get him to attach it to the frame, and come up by the dash and across the driver's and passenger's head, which will take the weight off of the windshield frame in a rollover. I run topless and doorless, so I have a little more room to play with. Anybody got any good pics, or good links to pics that may have some nice ideas?

2. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack 1/2 ton status

Check out one of the posts in the Tech Articles forum, it has some good info on roll cages.

3. Dieselmh

Dieselmh 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I printed those out, and that's where I got the idea for the seat bars, but I'm looking for some more pics. Thanks for the idea.