Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

More Chemical weapons found in Iraq

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by kennyw, May 17, 2004.

1. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Fox News Story

2. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

well lets see it the rest of the media decides to run this story. I bet you wont hear much about it on TV.

Nick

3. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I looked up the same story on CNN and they are playing it down like it wasnt confirmed as a chemical wepon yet /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

4. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

stupid liberal media. Has anyone ever read the book "Bias : A CBS Insider Exposes How the Media Distort the News"?? You should. Its about a LIBERAL that was pissed about the bias of the media. Check it out.

Nick

5. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Wouldn't putting this in mainstream news put our boys in more danger? This situation is unique.
    If they'd found it in a bunker, I'd say the media should be sued if they DON'T report it on the front page. But this is a situation where the insurgents didn't quite know thier own strength, it might be bad to be basically telling them "That was a pretty dangerous weapon, we're sure glad you used it wrong, and hope you don't learn how to use any more you might have."

The morons who set the device are probably now looking back saying "Let's see what other goodies Saddam left us!"

6. evilk5

evilk5 Registered Member

I thought Iraq had no "WMD"! /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

7. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    stupid liberal media. Has anyone ever read the book "Bias : A CBS Insider Exposes How the Media Distort the News"?? You should. Its about a LIBERAL that was pissed about the bias of the media. Check it out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent book by Bernie Goldberg! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Wouldn't putting this in mainstream news put our boys in more danger? This situation is unique.
    If they'd found it in a bunker, I'd say the media should be sued if they DON'T report it on the front page. But this is a situation where the insurgents didn't quite know thier own strength, it might be bad to be basically telling them "That was a pretty dangerous weapon, we're sure glad you used it wrong, and hope you don't learn how to use any more you might have."

The morons who set the device are probably now looking back saying "Let's see what other goodies Saddam left us!"

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, now someones thinking! Im sure we've found WMD's but they have been classified for security reasons. This side of the arguement never gets on the table since Libs would never dream of doing something like protecting the troops at their own expense. It would never cross their minds.

9. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

I agree with not mentioning specifics in the interest of security, but you won't even see a vague passing mention. That would give some credence to the "crazed, rabid, neo-conservative hawks and Bushies" (like me for example) who actually WANTED us to invade.

God forbid they actually acknowledge that they Bush Cheney Imperialistic monstrosity said or did anything true and correct.

10. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I agree with not mentioning specifics in the interest of security, but you won't even see a vague passing mention. That would give some credence to the "crazed, rabid, neo-conservative hawks and Bushies" (like me for example) who actually WANTED us to invade.

God forbid they actually acknowledge that they Bush Cheney Imperialistic monstrosity said or did anything true and correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

It would be too hard for TV writers to find ways to back out of the WMD jokes gracefully.

It would be funny to see if any of these media bungholes to mention it with "Exclusive information gained by [media outlet here] concludes that there are indeed WMD's in Iraq".