Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

More Ebay Scammers

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Feb 13, 2006.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Stupid ebay scammers I found:

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Maxtor-200G...766017923QQcategoryZ64462QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Maxtor-Ultr...766011870QQcategoryZ64462QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

there is no way either of these can cost more than $10 to ship. Maybe $20 if you have the shipping place box it. But both UPS and FedEx provide adequant insurance free of charge($100 value), and you can get an additional $100 for $1 at any shipping place I've ever been to. So the Required $25-40 dollars is for what exactly? People piss me off sometimes. Eh I guess I will just buy from Newegg, somethings I trust on Ebay, don't think this is one of them.

2. protechk5

protechk5 1/2 ton status

haha i cant tell why that is a scam:dunno:, maybe thats why i just got ripped off on ebay:doah:

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

cause, they are making it seem like a good deal with the price but making up money with the shipping, by ripping you off.

4. protechk5

protechk5 1/2 ton status

wow im dumb i didnt read the rest of ur post

5. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

its only a scam if you're willing to fall for it.

6. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I wouldn't label them as scammers since you will likely receive the stuff and all the costs are printed in the auction. I wouldn't label them as "ethical" either. They list like that for two main reasons - to attract people to the auction with what seems like a low price and because they pay less $$$ in ebay fees because the price of the item is less. I won't buy from people like this either.