Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

more eye candy, a bit of bragging 4"lift 33's

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BowtieBlazer, Oct 27, 2003.

1. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

more eye candy, a bit of bragging 4\"lift 33\'s

Well, as most know or some know, or those who don't know, I've been building on my truck for about 2 years now on a college budget with a part time job, in other words my project has been going no wheres fast, finally its hit a decent moving stage in its life and here is what I have now, two teaser pics....
    [​IMG]
    XJ with 5.5"lift and 33's....notice the height diff
    [​IMG]

Just for refrence this is where she has come from....
    [​IMG]
    And of course got the name the firestarter from this...
    [​IMG]
    of course thats not a fire, its a burning clutch...errr....
    And of course all of this major building since I got into my wreck.....

2 years out with the 1984 10bolts, 3.73's in with a 12bolt d44 front out of a 74 with 3.08's, now a 77 14ff rear with 4.10's, hacked fenders, lifted etc etc, this website does strange things...mechanically stout truck, 350HO,465,208
    To keep from loading this post with pics.... click here to start small slide show using the lower arrows to navigate....

sorry had to brag a little seems like I am actually getting somewheres

soon to come 35's

2. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

Re: more eye candy, a bit of bragging 4\"lift 33\'s

Looks good man! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Nice /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Sweet dude! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

This makes me smile. My truck started out exactly the same way. d44/12b w/3.08's. TH350/NP203, tiiired small block 350, 31's. Looked GAAAYY. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Now I'm on my second "build", about 2 1/2 years after igot it...this is how it sits now-
    [​IMG]

Just keep workin at it dude...No joke that CK5 does wierd things to ya. 3 years ago, if someone told me I would be cutting up perfectly good fenders with a sawz-all just to make bigger tires fit, and removing the hood and fenders for good, I woulda looked at them like they were from Mars. lol...Its a sickness. Keep us updated on the trucks progress. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. BowtieBlazer

I didnt comment much on my setup, running 4" tuff country EZ rides in the front, ORD greasable complete front, ORD HD shackles,ORD quick discos, ORD steering box brace, Azz-Kickin rear disc brackets on the 14ff disc.... 4" rear blocks which will disappear soon as i can feel axle wrap, 4.10's a 465 and a 330hp 350 roll it a bit

6. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Very well spent beer money....Probably makes the grades better along with some self discipline - which will really pay off down the road....Nice job /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. BowtieBlazer

yeah, still had the additional cost of beer money from all the time spent working on it. Yeah grades havn't been affected much by this thing, i dropped the project cold for 2 weeks to handle work and tests

8. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

It looks alot better than when I got a ride in it! lookin good. How come we didn't have that fun when I was there??

9. 4wood

4wood 1/2 ton status

I guess I really don't get that Jeep thing...

10. BowtieBlazer

It's been awhile, guess its time to come back....tonight much fun is to be had emptying the 1/2 keg left from yesterday's wrench on the truck party... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

11. Hardcore

Hardcore 1/2 ton status

Lookin good /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Time for some big ole swampers /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif