Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

more headlight trouble.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by colbystephens, Apr 10, 2007.

1. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

ok, so i had to walk 5.5 miles home last nite after school (at 9pm) because my headlights wouldn't turn on... SUCK! i checked all the fuses, tried a different headlight switch and checked to make sure the grounds were still attatched. i have a new hi-low beam switch... but i didn't depress it to check that. what else should i be checking? i need these suckers to work b/c i've got nite classes 4 nites/week! :doah:

2. AZ79K5Project

AZ79K5Project 1/2 ton status

Check your headlight switch. All other accessories working? Do you have a VOM or test light? Check to see of you have power at the switch. Power in and no power out = bad switch.

3. nad

nad 1/2 ton status

Is it just the headlights, or tail lights and all? I have a problem on a regular basis where one headlight bulb won't light up, and all I have to do is wiggle the connector on it around, and it works fine.

Sounds like you've got more problems though. Good luck.

4. colbystephens

well, i've tried two switches - and i don't suspect that's the issue. i have all my marker lights, and their associated functions - just no head lights.

AZ79- which terminals are in/out? there's about 6 or so terminals on the switch soooo....??

5. onlychevy6

onlychevy6 1/2 ton status

I might have you answer. My headlights would not work and i changed the switch and fuses tried old headlights that i had laying around and nothing. in a last ditch effort i changed the floor dimmer switch for the high/low beams and bam i have lights and no more problems.

6. colbystephens

yeah, i need to check that dimmer switch - i know that it went bad on me once, recently, and i've replaced it in the last 2-3 months, but that doesnt mean much. you can't trust the aftermarket crap they sell sometimes. :D good reminder.

7. colbystephens

ok, solved the issue. it was related to the floor mounted light selector, but the issue is that the connector which attatches to the selector is super messed up, so i'm going to have to re-do that one. :D got the lights working for now tho.

claire and i walked a total of 13 miles in two trips (7.5 last nite and 5.5 this morning!) needless to say my ass is in better shape than it was... i'm not kidding. :D

8. 1BadK-30

1BadK-30 1/2 ton status

Iv been in a pinch like this, but was stuck out in the middle of the desert. So I cut some wire, wraped it around the + post and to the drivers headlight and they worked. Today my Dad and I fixed it, turned out to be a loose connection to the dimmer on the floor that I overlooked.