Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

More help for newbie please

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by xlr857, Nov 3, 2002.

1. xlr857

xlr857 Registered Member

I bought this 81 Blazer for $1000. Has 30,000 on fresh engine, new NP-208 transfer case, new stock rear-end, no rust. All it needs is interior desperatly. Where is a good place to upgrade. I need everything including seats. Does anyone sell a complete kit and also can I upgrade to a newer 90's interior. Sorry if this has already posted but search did not help. One more thing why would someone switch to NP-208 from 205 from whta I read the 205 is the better transfer case of the bunch.

2. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

The salvage yards are my favorite parts store. Yes, later model parts can be used. There are several mailorder companies that have most all the interior parts. Check out the "links" section of this very website. Most are there.

3. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

208 has a 2.6:1 low range
    205 has a 2.0:1 low range

Like Micheal said, salvage yard. Are you doing a restoration, or trying to get your truck going good?

4. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

...also if you'll try being more specific on your subject line you'll get more response and help.