Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

More help with ebay........

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 84CUCV, Jul 6, 2005.

1. 84CUCV

84CUCV 3/4 ton status Premium Member

So far i think this place is filled with a bunch of scamers. I have had many replys about my labtop. Here is yet one more:

Hi,
    I understand your concern and this is why we have to go through
    Bidpay.Bidpay is a western Union Auction payment site that recieves
    and sends money out to confirmed sellers address.This is how it
    works;once any payment is sent through Bidpay it will be scrutinized
    properly and after series of verification and validity processing,it may be
    approved.Approval of the payment is the most important thing,once any
    order/payment is approved it will then be sent i.e the funds(money
    order) will be sent to the sellers given address.
    Once the payment is made,Bidpay will notify the seller of the payment procedure via mail
    and will instruct the seller not to send out the package until the
    payment is approved and the seller gets the notification from them(BIDPAY) via mail,and once the payment is approved they will now ask the seller to ship the package to the provided shipping info.and send the tracking number to Bidpay's customer care dept.from where an assigned Bidpay's agent will now attend to you(seller) and confirm the shipiment of the package before sending you the 10digits pin code you will use to cash your funds which is the most secured thing.Mind you during this process,they will not give the tracking no.until your funds clear so once your funds clears into your hands they will now contact me and give me the tracking no.of the package.
    They only do this just to ensure that nobody looses,to secure both
    parties and have a smooth transaction.I believe you will get to know
    better once you follow all their instructions and you will always love
    to be paid through them anytime you are transacting just to be sure of
    your safety.So kindly send me your name and address you want payment sent to ASAP so that i can have the payment sent so that everything can be done quickly and the package meets up with the purpose of purchase.Thanks in anticipation.
    Best Regards.

this bidpay and paypal seam like a bunch of crap. Just one more way for someone to screwyou. Why is everyone in a rush?? Dont get that either. Anyone know a better way to sell this stuff? i have 4 more computers to sell now. Thanks for the help. This world sucks! Try to screw you for every little bit.........

2. bigcountryk5

bigcountryk5 1/2 ton status

don't know anything about bidpay but i trust paypal go with your gut if someone is trying to disuade your conserns first thing that is a big red flag if they don't want to pay for what you have the way you have said you'll except payment tell them to GET LOST!!!!! even if their not trying to scam you they don't want it bad enough if they can't take 5 minutes and set up a paypal account etc... to meet with your payment requierments.

3. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I always check the box when listing items that says "will sell to the US only" and I also state in my auction that it is a US only sale. Also put in your desciption something to the effect of "This item is available for sale in the US only. I will not sell this item to scammers in foriegn countries". You would be amazed how much it helps to let them know in your auction that you are not an idiot.

4. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Yeah do what divorced says and only sell in the US. I have bought and sold using paypal for many years with no problems. Paypal even got my money back from a seller who did not send me the product. I dont know about Bid Pay BUT Paypal is owned by ebay it is not a bunch of crap. Once the money is transfred to your account it is yours no one can take it out but you.

5. 84CUCV

Thanks guys for the replys. I guess i will give paypal a try. Go with my gut from here on out.........

mike

6. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Same thing Thunder said, Paypal is great. Once the money's there, it's yours and movable only by you (as long as no one else has your paypal account password).

A buyer doesn't need your address. Giving it to them only gives them one more identity to possibly hack.

I've always said in all my auctions "Item will not be shipped until cash is in hand or my paypal account." and I'll be adding this to future auctions "Item will also not ship until Money orders and checks have been deposited for at least 1 week. No Western Union transaction of any sort accepted!"

Western Union is totally NOT secure or traceable. That's how these guys work and why they always want to use Western Union.

7. google

google 1/2 ton status

It is also in every ebay warning about scammers not to use western union. FYI

8. 84CUCV

thx for the help guys.

9. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I have used Bidpay in the past and use Paypal often... Never had a problem with either method... Bidpay was offered before Paypal.. But I only used Bidpay once....

10. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Regardless of where the money comes from, I still wouldn't ship it to foriegn country.

11. 84CUCV

Yea, i want to stick to the US too.