Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

more hp help??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by marcel, Mar 3, 2006.

1. marcel

marcel Registered Member

hi,

i am marcel from the neteherlands and have a blazer full cabrio from '75.
    next month my rebuilt engine take place under the hood it's a 350 bored 0.30 so its now a 355.
    i will tune it a bit up so it get some more hp's in the lower rpm.
    i have bought a new edelbrock 600 carburator and a edelbrock prefomer intake also a new cranecam fore more power and to coole it better a new waterpump also frome edelbrock.
    is this the right choose and how many hp will i win with this??
    also a dubble exaust with flowmaster 40 muffers come with it.

2. 1985_K5_Silverado

1985_K5_Silverado 1/2 ton status

Which Crane cam grind number (or part number) did you get?

3. marcel

marcel Registered Member

4. ZooMad75

ZooMad75 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Thats cool. I got a 75 Blazer Cabrio too. :haha: I just love when we get input from people outside of the us and learn different terms for the same old stuff.

As for the engine, it's hard to make a guess off of just a parts list. But with stock heads and 9:1 compression or less I'd be betting on the 250-300 hp range. Compression and the heads are two big variables that can really make a difference on how much output an engine has. If your compression is closer to stock (dished pistions and 76cc combustion chambers) I'd say you would be more on the lower end of the scale. If you used flat top pistions to bump the compression up and or used stock heads of the 64cc size the compression will be up and so will the power.

Still I have got to say it takes guts (and a lot of money) to build one of these beasts over there. Plus a ton just to fill up the tank. It sucks for me to pay 2.20 a gallon and get 8 miles to the gallon, you guys are paying 2 to 3 times that much and still driving one of these. More power to you....

Keep that beast running and show the locals how a K5 gets it done off road!

5. marcel

marcel Registered Member

hi zomad,

nice to hear from you, we got a special rate fore classic cars cars older then 25 years don't pay any tax.
    and the blazer is running on lpg this allmost the same as wath you use for cooking at home.
    this cost me 0,75 dollar cents a liter so not so expansive like normal gasoline.
    thanks for the info about the engine.
    when my blazer is alldone i will make some pics of it.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2006